2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2014 10:23 PM by Barbara.Banister

Need help installing first .jsx script for InDesign CS4 6.0.6 under Windows 7 Pro SP1 (64 bit)

Barbara.Banister

Hello,

I'm trying to use a first .jsx script for InDesign.

The script install manual said to open my scripts panel and right-click on the folder and

choose "Reveal in Explorer"  However, this choice is greyed out. I expect it's because

I don't have any scripts installed yet, so I can't select anything to reveal.

I looked for Adobe's instructions, and they suggested that (for XP) I put the script in

~\Documents and Settings\user_name\Application Data\Adobe\InDesign\Version 6.0\Scripts\Scripts Panel\

I found

~\Users\Barb1\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\InDesign\Version 6.0\en_GB\Scripts\Scripts Panel\

and I put the script in there and restarted InDesign, but the script doesn't show up in the InDesign

script panel. The InDesign script panel contains two greyed out folders: Application and User

I tried making a User folder in the ~\Scripts Panel\ folder, and putting the script in there, but that

didn't help.

Any ideas as to how I could get InDesign to acknowledge the presence of the script?

Thanks for taking the time to read this question.