1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 5, 2014 8:03 AM by JimHess

What is best web gallery to post DNG files and have invited users comment on the image(s)?

rj acton

I like Smugmug but it doesn't support DNG.  Picassa is okay for viewing DNG files but I don't see a comment capability.  :-( 

I need to have a site where images are accessed by invited guests only and can be configured so that guests can comment on the image.

Thank you for your suggestions.

BA.

• 1. Re: What is best web gallery to post DNG files and have invited users comment on the image(s)?
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You'll have to do a lot of searching because I don't believe there are any sites that will host DNG files. You'll have to export JPEG copies and post those for comments.

The reason DNG files aren't hosted is because they are not image files in the traditional sense. They are still considerably larger than JPEG files, and need a raw converter to be displayed. That type of technology isn't part of web hosting software. To post on the web small files are required in a traditional image file format, most commonly accepted is JPEG.