8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2014 2:28 PM by A.T. Romano

Elements 13 - How do you save clips

hjrood

How do you save clips individually in Elements 13.  I have a MP$ i cut into 5 clips with teh scissor tool and want to save each clip as it's own file.

• 1. Re: Elements 13 - How do you save clips
          hjrood Level 1

I meant MP4

• 3. Re: Elements 13 - How do you save clips
            A.T. Romano Level 7

hjrood

Let us work from the Expert workspace of the program.

In the Timeline, place the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar so that they span just the clip that is to be export.

The second of the two critical steps in all this is, when you get to the export choice, be sure to place a check mark

next to "Share Work Area Bar Only".

Repeat the same routine for other Timeline content that you want to export selectively.

The following is a screenshot from a version earlier than 13, but same principle with the 2 critical steps.

graytabs10.JPG

Do you need help with your choice of export settings? If you want a .mp4 file as the export, you can use

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with one of the mp4 presets

or

Publish+Share

Mobile Phones and Players

in order to end up with a H.264.mp4 file.

Please do not hesitate to ask if any questions or need clarification.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Elements 13 - How do you save clips
              hjrood Level 1

Thank you but How specifically do you get those gray bars to activate around the split clip?  I can’t seem to get that to work and when I save what I think is the split clip it instead is saving the entire mp4 2 hr file.

Howard J. Rood

Senior Manager Marketing,  Molecular Diagnostics, VERIS MDx System

Beckman Coulter

322 Lake Hazeltine Drive  3013E

Chaska, MN  55318

952-687-7825 (c)  952-368-2265 (o)  952-368-7704 (f)

hjrood@beckman.com

“Nothing is impossible, I just haven’t figured it out yet.”

• 5. Re: Elements 13 - How do you save clips
                A.T. Romano Level 7

hjrood

You can set the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar in two way....

Shortcuts...

Move the Timeline Indicator to the start of the segment that you want to export selectively

As you hold down the Alt key of the computer main keyboard, hit the left bracket key [ of the computer main keyboard

Then move the Timeline Indicator to the end of the segment that you want to export selectively

As you hold down the Alt key of the computer main keyboard, hit the right bracket ket ] of the computer main keyboard.

or

Mouse

Click drag each of the gray tabs into its place - one at the beginning of the segment that you want to export selectively and the other

at the end of the segment that you want to export selectively.

Again, do not forget the other half of the requirement - the check mark next to the option Share Work Area Bar Only in the export area.

Please review the above. If further clarification needed, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...Please do not include contact information in your threads/posts to avoid nuisances. Typically a moderator will remove that type of

information once it is seen.

• 6. Re: Elements 13 - How do you save clips
                  hjrood Level 1

Is it possible I can set up a web ex with you on this.  I still cannot get this to work.

• 7. Re: Elements 13 - How do you save clips
                    hjrood Level 1

I can schedule and provide teh Webex

• 8. Re: Elements 13 - How do you save clips
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

hjrood

Thanks for the replies.

This is not Adobe. Rather user to user forum. And, I can offer only communication in the thread or by Adobe Private Message.

I prefer the thread since all can learn and share. Adobe Chat if involved can offer remote control troubleshooting sometimes. We

cannot.

Let see if we can resolve your issue in the thread....perhaps I need to fine tune the reply....

Are you positioning the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar plus putting a check mark next to "Share Work Area Bar Only" in export

settings and still getting the full Timeline content exported and not just the selected segment?

If so, could you post a jpg screenshot of your Timeline showing the segment to be exported selectively and its gray tabs set.

Also, could you post another jpg screenshot showing the export area with the check mark next to Share Work Area Bar Only?

Maybe I can spot something that is slipping through the exchange of details.

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR