2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2014 7:06 AM by A.T. Romano

No narration in published video using windows 8

ask help

I published test video with narration, using Windows 8, but published video does not contain narration.

• 1. Re: No narration in published video using windows 8
          A.T. Romano Level 7

ask help

What version of Premiere Elements are you using on Windows 8 (assumed 64 bit)?

Where did the narration comes from

a. Premiere Elements Narration Tool

or

b. Imported narration clip from a program such as Audacity?

Can we assume that the narration was located on the project's Narration Track and that it had

sound before you moved to the sharing section of the program? Did you apply Smart Mix to any

audio tracks?

What was your export choice? Please detail.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: No narration in published video using windows 8
            ask help Level 1

Hi A.T.

Thanks for taking time to replying.

I use Premier 12, just found out the published video DOES contain narration but sound level was very very soft such that almost none (that's why I thought there wasn't any), so I adjusted the 'yellow volume line' to the highest level and re-publish again, this time narration can be heard but still very soft, I wonder if because when recording the narration the microphone sensitivity and volume was set TOO LOW?

You think so too? What else could it be? Thanks

Bye & Best Wishes,

Winnie Poon

• 3. Re: No narration in published video using windows 8
              ask help Level 1

Hi A.T. again, sorry should answer your questions first:

I use windows 8-64 bit, adobe premier 12,

I attach microphone device to PC and talk directly to record narration, put into narration track, volume was very loud in premier 12 project before publishing/sharing, did not apply smart-mix but manually used audio mixer to raise narration track volume to the most = 6 foreground;

Export choice was Computer/MPEG/HDTV720p 29.97 High Quality/quality level 4 for video output; For audio export is MPEG-1, Layer II audio/stereo/384kbps/16 bit/48 kHz/psychoacoustic model 2/off off off off off (I suppose these are default choices). Thanks again

Bye & Best Wishes,

Winnie Poon

• 4. Re: No narration in published video using windows 8
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Winnie Poon

Thanks for the two replies. I am having the same Adobe Premiere Elements Forum problem that I had for the past 2 days, that is, I see your post in my Inbox Forum Email Notifications but I do not see it posted yet in your thread.

Here is the latest of what I am seeing in Inbox Email Notifications

Hi A.T.

Thanks for taking time to replying.

I use Premier 12, just found out the published video DOES contain narration but sound level was very very soft such that almost none (that's why I thought there wasn't any), so I adjusted the 'yellow volume line' to the highest level and re-publish again, this time narration can be heard but still very soft, I wonder if because when recording the narration the microphone sensitivity and volume was set TOO LOW?

You think so too? What else could it be? Thanks

Bye & Best Wishes,

Winnie Poon

The first of the 2 messages is

Hi A.T. again, sorry should answer your questions first:

I use windows 8-64 bit, adobe premier 12,

I attach microphone device to PC and talk directly to record narration, put into narration track, volume was very loud in premier 12 project before publishing/sharing, did not apply smart-mix but manually used audio mixer to raise narration track volume to the most = 6 foreground;

Export choice was Computer/MPEG/HDTV720p 29.97 High Quality/quality level 4 for video output; For audio export is MPEG-1, Layer II audio/stereo/384kbps/16 bit/48 kHz/psychoacoustic model 2/off off off off off (I suppose these are default choices). Thanks again

Bye & Best Wishes,

Winnie Poon

I expect that the above will appear in your thread eventually, but moving forward

1. I have run through the workflow that you described and can find no inherent problem in the generation of the narration nor in the sound

in the export.

2. Please go to Window Menu/Audio Meters, click on Audio Meters and leave the Audio Meter on as

you create your narration with the Narration Tool as well as when you are adjusting the volume of the

narration clip on the Timeline.

a. See Mic Sensitivity when creating narration with Narration Tool

b. See Adjust Tab/Adjustments Palette/Volume Panel expanded when doing Timeline audio/narration volume adjusts

Please let us know if any of that improves the situation.

Looking forward to your results.

Thank you.

ATR