5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2014 7:46 PM by A.T. Romano

Elements 12 Crashes; slides "run away."

Elements crash

Second night in a row, same problems.  Editing a big photo job and about every 3rd or 4th slide crashes.  Tonight's warning message was, "Could not build a preview because of a program error."  In one hour of editing, this message came up 11 times whenever I edited and tried to save the edited slide.  Also, when you move the curser around on the screen, the slides in the organizer go crazy and speed run to another place.  It makes it a ***** to keep track of where you are.  This version is extremely buggy.

What do I do now? (and don't tell me it will all be fixed if I buy Elements 13.

Thanks,

Ollie Richards

weque15@aol.com

• 1. Re: Elements 12 Crashes; slides "run away."
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Ollie Richards

Clarification needed....

What Elements 12 program are you working in - Photoshop Elements 12 Editor, Premiere Elements 12 Editor, or Elements Organizer 12?

By any chance are you in the Elements Organizer 12 Slideshow Editor, trying to create a slideshow there?

What are the pixel dimensions of the photos involved and how many of them are there?

What is the computer operating system where this is all happening?

ATR

• 3. Re: Elements 12 Crashes; slides "run away."
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Ollie Richards

Thank you for the reply (post numbered 2), but the message did not get posted in the reply.

Could you try again.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Elements 12 Crashes; slides "run away."
              Elements crash Level 1

Here was my post:

Ollie Richards

Clarification needed....

What Elements 12 program are you working in - Photoshop Elements 12 Editor, Premiere Elements 12 Editor, or Elements Organizer 12? Photoshop Elements12.1; Organizer 12

By any chance are you in the Elements Organizer 12 Slideshow Editor, trying to create a slideshow there? I’m not creating a slideshow

What are the pixel dimensions of the photos involved and how many of them are there?  I don’t know about pixel dimensions but there are c. 600 JPEGs in the album I’m working on

What is the computer operating system where this is all happening?  It’s an iMac; 3.1 Ghz; Intel Core i7; 8 gb memory, 1600 mhz DDR3

Thanks for your help

ATR

>

• 5. Re: Elements 12 Crashes; slides "run away."
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Ollie Richards

Thanks for the additional information.

From what I am reading, these 600 photos are in an album in the Elements Organizer 12 and your problems involve your workflow within Photoshop Elements 12 Editor editing and use of Elements Organizer 12. From your problem description, I do not see that Premiere Elements 12 is entering into this matter at all at this time. Am I reading that correctly?

Assuming that to be the case, it would be to your advantage asking your question in the Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum (photo editing) instead of the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum (video editing).

https://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop_elements

As an aside...the good news is that Photoshop Elements 12 Mac was the first Photoshop Elements version to be a 64 bit application. That would reflect positively on the computer resource angle side of things. Nonetheless,

a. What are your reading in the Photoshop Elements 12 Mac Editor Edit Menu/Preferences/Performance?

b. What are the pixel dimensions of those 600 jpgs? If you have them stored in an album in the Elements Organizer 12, right click the thumbnail of one of them there, select Show File Info, and then look to the right to the Information Column/General. You should see Size: _____MB (file size) and ____ x ____ (width and height in pixels). As a reference point for now, my camera records jpgs with pixel dimensions of 3264 x 2448 pixels.

In matters such as these, typically computer resource and pixel dimensions and number of jpgs can factor into this.

ATR