7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 24, 2008 7:18 PM by Mitek17 RSS

RSL Error 1 of 1

doug777 Community Member
      Everything works fine when testing my swf (which uses a method in a library file) on my computer, but when I deploy the swf and swc, the swf loading progress bar appears with the line RSL Error 1 of 1 and swf doesn't load.

As far as I can see everything is set as shown in Use the SWC file as an RSL in the Flex docs.

Anyone know what this error message means.

Doug
        • 1. Re: RSL Error 1 of 1
          Mitek17 Community Member
          Hi Doug,

Does it say anything regarding the digest?

PS DO you use IE or Mozilla/Safari?

Cheers,
          Dmitri.
          • 2. Re: RSL Error 1 of 1
            doug777 Community Member
            Hi Dmitri,

This is a standard RSL, (not cross-domain or framework) and I have specified that it is from a trusted source, so presumed no digest would be made and there is no mention of a digest.

For the moment I have changed the Link Type to Merged Into Code so that it all works, but I would like to get it working as an RSL.

I am testing with Mozilla.

Doug
            • 3. Re: RSL Error 1 of 1
              Mitek17 Community Member
              Hi Doug,

Could you please describe the structure of your project, i.e. main app uses lib1, lib2 etc and exact linking type between each other.

PS Sometimes ago I tried to write something like a howto:
              http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/flexcoders/message/108149

Cheers,
              Dmitri.
              • 4. Re: RSL Error 1 of 1
                doug777 Community Member
                Hi Dmitri,

I was just trying to see if I could make an RSL work, so the setup is very simple.

I just took a function out of an existing project, built it into an SWC project and added the library path in the main project's properties.

It works fine when marked merged into code and it works fine as an RSL when testing locally, but it then fails when deployed.

I get the feeling I've missed out some vital step, but I can't see what it is from just reading the docs.

Doug
                • 5. Re: RSL Error 1 of 1
                  Mitek17 Community Member
                  Hi Doug,

I think that I had the similar error when I was initially setting my project. The problem appeared to be that I was setting RSL linkage for the libraries itself. I.e. if you go into the libraries tab all mentioned libs should have external linkage, not the RSL type.
                  And only in the main app, linkage type for your library & for framework.swc should be selected as RSL.

Cheers,
                  Dmitri.

• 6. Re: RSL Error 1 of 1
                    doug777 Community Member
                    Hi Dmitri,

The only library path is Flex 3.1 and its contents are mostly Merged into Code. Only playerglobal.swc is marked as External.

But these were set by Flex, I have not changed them.

Are you saying these are wrong?

Doug
                    • 7. Re: RSL Error 1 of 1
                      Mitek17 Community Member
                      Hi Doug,

You have to change linkage type to External for the framework.swc, datavisualization,swc, rpc.swc.
                      Of course, if you don't use rpc or dataviz in your library. don't touch them.
                      The rest should be as they are (including special case for playerglobal.swc, which should be left external)

Cheers,
                      Dmitri.