5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2014 10:55 AM by A.T. Romano

Blended Project: DV & HD

LMVideo

What are the recommendations for a project that will have video shot in DV and video shot with an HD camera?

Thanks!

John

• 1. Re: Blended Project: DV & HD
          A.T. Romano Level 7

John

What is your intended export?

What do you have, DV Widescreen or DV Standard, and what are the properties of the HD footage? Which footage predominates?

Export to file (1920 x 1080) saved to computer hard drive or burn to disc (DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc, AVCHD on DVD disc, Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray

disc)?

ATR

• 2. Re: Blended Project: DV & HD
            LMVideo Level 1

This project is my son's wedding.

I shot it with a Panasonic MiniDV camcorder. Someone else gave me (2) DVD's of footage shot on an unknown camera. Pretty sure it's HD.
            Properties on these clips:  MPEG, 720x480, Data rate- 8500kbps, Tot. Bitrate- 8852kbps, Frame rate- 29.97, Pixel aspect ration- 1.2121

While most of the footage is from these (2) DVDs (MPEGs), there is some content I'd like to use from the MiniDV tape.

I will be exporting to a DVD (not BR).

Thanks!

John

• 3. Re: Blended Project: DV & HD
              A.T. Romano Level 7

John

Thanks for the reply with additional details.

What are you describing with the following -

DV AVI Widescreen from capture firewire

and/or

DV AVI Widescreen files found stored on 2 DVD disc (data disc)?

Properties on these clips:  MPEG, 720x480, Data rate- 8500kbps, Tot. Bitrate- 8852kbps, Frame rate- 29.97, Pixel aspect ration- 1.2121Is the above the description of what your recorded with your Panasonic MiniDV camcorder or a description of what you found when you exploredthe content of the 2 DVD discs that you received? Or does the description apply to both?

If any doubts, please run the footage in question through the free utility names GSpot to determine video properties (frame size, frame rate, etc.)

Super Quick Start

Thanks

ATR

Add On..Right now it looks like you are on course for NTSC DV Widescreen 720 x 480 16:9 @ 29.97 interlaced frames per second.

• 4. Re: Blended Project: DV & HD
                LMVideo Level 1

ATR:

I have (1) tape recorded on a Panasonic MiniDV camcorder.

I have (2) DVD's provided by the photographer at the wedding which contain MPEG video clips (w/properties as noted above).

• 5. Re: Blended Project: DV & HD
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

John

From what you wrote, you should be able to take both sources into a Premiere Elements NTSC DV Widescreen project and burn to DVD disc

with preset NTSC_Widescreen_DVD Dolby. I do not see any HD footage involved here.

Assumed your miniDV camcorder output is DV Widescreen

and

those files on the DVD discs are as described.

Please do a mini test run to confirm before you start the grand project.

We will be watching for your results.

Any questions, need clarification, or unexpected problems, please do not hesitate to let me know.

ATR