0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2014 8:17 AM by robtoc

Slow Render [extreme] within my AE Project

robtoc

Hi.  I recently upgraded to OS X 10.10.1 on my MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012).  specs are attached below.

I've always kept up on the latest and greatest version of CC After Effects, and haven't had really any issues with AE, prior to

upgrading to Yosemite.

Here's my issue.  I have a Comp in AE which is :15 in length.  It's a logo reveal that I've been using for months with a client, and they love it.

It uses Trapcode Particular to reveal the logo in a 'plasma' looking way.  This Comp never gave me any issues when tweaking and/or

rendering prior to the Yosemite upgrade.  I'm in Classic 3D mode...have never even touched the Ray Tracing stuff for this project.

Now, when I go into the comp and scrub the timeline....the beachball is constantly trying to catch up with what I'm doing.  It takes forever

to catch up.  I even keep the comp at a quarter resolution, and it still can't keep up.  Mind you, this didn't happen prior to

the Yosemite upgrade.   At this point, the only thing I need to change for the client is a simple text line.  The plasma reveal of their logo never

changes.  The render time used to be a 6 minute render.  It now tells me over 4 hours to render this :15 clip.

I uploaded this project to my friend to see if he is getting the same long render time.  He does not.  It takes him about 6 to 10 minutes

to render the comp...and he gets no beachball when scrubbing the timeline.  So I have to assume something is wrong with my computer.

He recommended changing my Creative Cloud sign in name and try to re-render after doing that.  I haven't tried this approach yet.

Does anyone else have this problem, or are things I could try to save me time on this render?  Thanks, Rob

Screen Shot 2014-12-05 at 11.04.34 AM.png