Exit

iOS application verification failed error and/or iTunes hangs in "install"

Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2014 Dec 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I have 2 games we're writing/testing.

Our first game we finished a few weeks ago. We coded and tested in Adobe Flash Prof. I got a "distribution" certificate, I built an "app identifier", I registered my 2 devices (each with a different UDIDs) and I built a distribution "provisioning profile" for this game. I went back to Flash Prof, specified "iOS 14", supplied the certificate and provisioning profile, my password and specified "adhoc" under deployment (I specified "adhoc" everywhere it showed up because that's what Apple told me to do). This game published and built an "ipa" file, I dragged the ipa file into iTunes and plugged in my iPhone6 and hit "sync". It popped onto my iPhone and the game works great.

The second game I tried to load today failed miserably. I did the exact same sequence. The game works great in Flash Prof. I used my dist'n certificate, built a new app identifier, built a provisioning profile and specified my devices. I went back into Flash, specified iOS14, redirected it to the certificate, gave it my pw, pointed it to the new provisioning profile and hit publish. It built an ipa file that I dragged to iTunes, plugged in my iPhone and hit "sync". It never installs, it starts, the icon shows up in iTunes but in my iPhone it is "blacked out", if I hit it, it just says "installing ..." and in iTunes it also just hangs there saying "installing". So, I went back into Flash Prof, and this time I specified "post publishing, install on my iOS device". When I publish it now, I get the following error message: "ApplicationVerificationFailed".

What am I doing wrong?

Bruce

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 05, 2014 Dec 05, 2014

Hi there,

It wasn't the Prov Profile or my Dist'n Certificate (Apple told me to use this instead of a Development Certificate for ad hoc dist'n and testing), and I rebuilt both of them a couple of times with Apple's help today so they weren't the problem. The problem was in Flash Professional and how I specified other things. When we specify the Provisioning Profile, there's a "App ID" we need to provide right underneath it on Flash's Publish screen. I had that App ID wrong, apparently it has to

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To test your app via USB and Itunes you need a development "provisioning profile".

Distribution "provisioning profile" only for appstore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do all of my testing using a distribution certificate and a distribution ad hoc provisioning profile. It seems to work ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

Change deployment type to debug

Use a development provisioning profile

I have the same problem using your config.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

It wasn't the Prov Profile or my Dist'n Certificate (Apple told me to use this instead of a Development Certificate for ad hoc dist'n and testing), and I rebuilt both of them a couple of times with Apple's help today so they weren't the problem. The problem was in Flash Professional and how I specified other things. When we specify the Provisioning Profile, there's a "App ID" we need to provide right underneath it on Flash's Publish screen. I had that App ID wrong, apparently it has to match Apple's odd naming convention and I had that goofed up. Flash seems to populate that field with what it thinks the App ID is (based on the name of the FLA I would suspect) and it is NOT what Apple recommends on their developer website (with their reverse naming convention).

Once I fixed that, my game built, the ipa file was dragged into iTunes and it sync'ed with my iPhone no problem.

Many thanks for the help. There's so much to specify and build on Apple's site and apparently there's not much guidance for non-xcode users regarding how each piece ties together in the publish process. I love Flash Prof and ActionScript3, productivity is VERY high, but this iOS build stuff and Apple's many steps made for a long day.

So one little goof made all this noise. Oh well, I won't make that mistake again. My plan is to make all new mistakes when it comes time to move these games to iConnect ...

Bruce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines