3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2015 5:01 AM by bluecrystalcreative

Could you use a TOTAL Digital Asset Manager/Media Library as part of the Creative Cloud?

bluecrystalcreative Level 1

Could you use a TOTAL Digital Asset Manager/Media Library as part of the Creative Cloud?

I'm thinking of a program that would span all of the Adobe products, reading & storeing the meta, tags, notes & file info from Lightroom, Bridge & Prelude etc. across every project your machine is connected to including external (usb) & nework drives (lan).

WHY?,  As a small video production/graphics company, i'm mainly doing repeat video/graphics work for the same businesses.  When I'm out and about if I see anything that might be usefull as stock photo/video footage I grab it, and take it home however finding the right shot six months later is too hard in 14tb of storage and good quality, local stock photos/footage is expensive. I'd love to hear if you thought is is a good idea.

Just my 10 cents ~ Peter

• 1. Re: Could you use a TOTAL Digital Asset Manager/Media Library as part of the Creative Cloud?

I can't belive this is getting no attention

I'll explain why you might, as a small video production/graphics company, I mainly do repeat video & graphics work for the same 40+ businesses,

year in and year out. When I'm out and about if I see anything that might be usefull as stock photo/video footage I grab it,

and take it home, however finding that right file/photo/shot six months later is too hard in 14tb of attached and archived storage

besides good quality, local stock photos/footage is expensive.

I'm thinking of a program that would span all of the Adobe products (3D, CorelDraw & CAD too would be great),

Allowing you to enter, alter and read the Metadata, GPS, tags, notes & file info (size etc) from Lightroom, Bridge & Prelude etc.

across every project your machine is connected to including external (usb) & nework drives (lan).

Save the metadata from the media to a database program on your local machine or server

that let's you do Google like searches

I think the main points from my point of view are:

#1 Uses/reads existing meta data fields, no point in reinventing the wheel and all adobe products will work

#2 That metadata fields are then saved to a database that lives on your local machine (

#3 Drives names are saved not just paths (ie "Back Up Drive No04")

#4 A thumbnail is saved to a database

#5 You can manually index a drive or dir and then look at the existing

metadata & thumbnail and add notes, (job, additional info or client name)

#6 Batch add notes IE Select Dir/ and add job or client name to all selected files

#7 Adding note’s is additive IE; If you had existing metadata/notes batch adding would not delete anything just add

#8 SEARCH Fuzzy, Date, File Type & Boolean search IE “Truck” after “june 2013” file type “MOV “

Yes, I know that Adobe has a digital asset management (DAM) system, but that's not designed for a smaller 1~4

user video or graphics company, it's too big, too much, and I'm guessing too damm expensive

(anything that doesn't have a price and just says "call Us" is  too damm expensive)

I'd love to hear everyones key points/needs,

and if you thought is is a good idea.

[ signature removed - see http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3731 ]

• 2. Re: Could you use a TOTAL Digital Asset Manager/Media Library as part of the Creative Cloud?
            Devendra Kumar Adobe Employee

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your post.

Currently Creative cloud storage has limited features, we don't provide any search feature in creative cloud. Please refer below links.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/sync-files.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/file-storage-quota.html

Regards,

Devendra

• 3. Re: Could you use a TOTAL Digital Asset Manager/Media Library as part of the Creative Cloud?

Sorry Devendra,  you missunderstand what I'm asking for in effect is a local database
              (like a document managment system, that remains on the users machine) that has
              read and stored the file & meta information of all the creative files (Adobe, Corel & CAD).

That can remember that file "X" is on filed with client A or on removable drive #8

If you have time, please read my second post, I am happy to clarify further if you don't understand

Peter