6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 28, 2014 6:03 PM by A.T. Romano

Why won't my videos upload to YouTube?

Raggyandmilly

I use a Canon Video camera which records in mov. format.  After editing my video on Premiere Elements 12 I try to share it on YouTube but after a lengthy rendering? formatting? process I get the message that my video cannot be uploaded at this time so please try again later.  Am I missing out some vital step?  I select either the Flash Setting or HD.  Both have the same result.

• 1. Re: Why won't my videos upload to YouTube?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Raggyandmilly

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 12? And, have you updated 12 to the 12.1 Update using an opened project's Help Menu/Update? If not, please do so. What is your computer operating system?

What is the file size and duration of the Timeline upload that you are attempting using the program's YouTube feature? Beyond 2 GB/15 minutes?

And, then the usual question....can you export your Timeline content to a file saved to the computer hard drive and from there upload that file to YouTube at the YourTube web site?

Also, refresh the Online Services in preferences as a just in case measure.

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Why won't my videos upload to YouTube?
            Raggyandmilly Level 1

Thanks A.T.Romano I'll try the updates and refresh you recommended.  How do I close the Auto Analyser?

I'll have to check the file size but I think its something like 177mb? About 2/3 minutes.

I think when I last uploaded something to YouTube I had toe export the timeline content to my hard drive then upload it to YouTube from there but I'm sure I didn't have to go through that process with my previous software, PE 8?

My computer is a PC and uses Windows 7.

• 3. Re: Why won't my videos upload to YouTube?
              Raggyandmilly Level 1

Hi again A. T. Romano.

Have installed latest version of Quicktime, updated to 12.1 and refreshed online services in preferences but still no joy.  After an hour of the uploading process got the same message, "Error.  Sorry an error occur during the uploading process.  Please try again later"

Tried to export timeline content but the option was in grey so couldn't do this either.

Have you got any other ideas please?  And thank you for your earlier suggestions.

• 4. Re: Why won't my videos upload to YouTube?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Raggyandmilly

Referring to posts 2 and 3

If you are getting a message about closing Elements Auto Analyzer.exe before proceeding with some action, then end process using the Task Manager/Processes.

If you want to stop the automatic activity of the Auto Analyzer feature, then go to the Elements Organizer 12 workspace, Edit Menu/Preferences/Media-Analysis

and disable all the AutoAnalyzer options under Media-Analysis.

To make sure that you are not having YouTube account problems at this moment, please do the export to file saved to the computer hard drive, and then upload  that file to YouTube at the YouTube web site.

You wrote

Tried to export timeline content but the option was in grey so couldn't do this either.

Where were you trying to do this? This is no File Menu/Export/Movie in Premiere Elements 12/12.1 as there is in version 7.

Did you try

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

and one of the .mp4 presets or preset there for YouTube Widescreen HD?

If that area is grayed out, you have major program problems not just an Premiere Elements 12/12.1 YouTube feature issue.

We will be watching for further developments.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

• 5. Re: Why won't my videos upload to YouTube?
                  Raggyandmilly Level 1

Thanks A.T.Romano and apologies for not getting back to you earlier.

In the end I did manage to get my video on YouTube using the Publish + Share method you described above.

I had been using an earlier version of Premiere Elements which did allow me to Export under the File tab and had assumed that I could still do this in PE12  ...  now I know I can't :-D !

You've been a great help and I much appreciate all your suggestions and solutions.

Have a great New Year.

XXXX

• 6. Re: Why won't my videos upload to YouTube?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Raggyandmilly

Thanks for the update with the great news of your success. Great job.

If you get any videos that run over the file size/duration limit of the Premiere Elements within program Youtube upload, remember that the

extended time account offered at the YouTube web site (if you upload video there) are not usable with the Premiere Elements within program YouTube feature.

Best wishes now and in the New Year and always

ATR