1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 6, 2014 8:07 AM by A.T. Romano

Smart Mix --having trouble reducing the background volume (Premiere Elements 11)

Sminty

Hi there,

(Using adobe premiere elements 11, 128-bit Windows)

I am trying to Smart Mix Background music and Foreground audio... I want to reduce the background music volume, i.e. the volume of the music during the bits between the narration samples, but every time I set the volume levels for background/foreground, and then click 'apply Smart Mix', it seems to make the volume levels go back to 0db each time, which is too loud for this...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Smart Mix --having trouble reducing the background volume (Premiere Elements 11)
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Sminty

Given

Audio Foreground

and

Music Background (presumed on Soundtrack)

What is the Audio Foreground - numbered Audio Track 1 or the Narration Track?

Are you getting a "Smart Mix is successfully completed" message after you apply the Smart Mix?

The major reason for the issue described is that the feature cannot make the distinction contrasting dialog with

soundtrack music.

a. If you have not already, try again with a new sources for narration and soundtrack music.

or

b. Highlight the Audio Foreground, and adjust the volume under Adjust Tab/Adjustments Palette/Volume Panel expanded.

Highlight the Music Background (presumed on Soundtrack), and adjust the volume under the Adjust Tab/Adjustments Palette/Volume

Panel expanded.

or

c. Try to make the appropriate balancing of volumes using the Audio Mixer as you play back the Timeline.

I would expect the Audio Foreground to stay the same 0.0 dB (representing volume or original). But, the soundtrack music volume

should be varying downward from 0.0 dB. Did you follow the dB values for the soundtrack across the whole clip and saw 0.0 dB (Volume Panel expanded) throughout the soundtrack music?

Please review and consider, and then we can decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR