2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2014 7:28 AM by mikej2u

My Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4DC is on the supported lens list but not in the Profile Downloader.

mikej2u

My Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4DC is on the supported lens list but not in the Profile Downloader.

How can I download the profile?

Thanks very much.

• 1. Re: My Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4DC is on the supported lens list but not in the Profile Downloader.
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The “Lens Profile Downloader” is not where you get lenses “on the list”, rather it is where you get lenses that third-parties have provided, so usually for lenses not on the list.

I see three Sigma 17-70 f/2.8 DC variations for 5 different camera manufacturers so I’d expect you should see the lens listed if you select a raw photo.  There is no profile for JPGs.

Here are the profiles for Canon:

Canon (SIGMA 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC MACRO OS HSM C013) - RAW.lcp

Canon (Sigma_17-70mm_F2.8-4.5_DC_MACRO_HSM ) - RAW.lcp

Canon (Sigma_17-70mm_F2.8-4_DC_MACRO_OS_HSM ) - RAW.lcp

What is your actual situation, are you looking at a JPG that won’t have a lens profile, or is the lens profile not in the list for your camera or is it just not being found automatically when you set Lens Profile Setup to Auto.

• 2. Re: My Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4DC is on the supported lens list but not in the Profile Downloader.
            mikej2u Level 1

As you alluded to in your answer, I [mistakenly] expected to see the lens profile come up automatically for a .jpg.

Now that you pointed me in the right direction [many thanks] I am using the RAW file and the Lens Profile appears automatically as it should.

Thank you for your expert assistance.

Michael