9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2014 12:14 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere 13 stuck on Quick view and won't let me click anything

Ekf501

Premiere Elements 13 is stuck on Quick view and won't let me click anything.

This doesn't happen while I work on projects, it starts as soon as I open the program. I can't work on anything.

I can drag new content into the window, open new files, and when I hover over features it tells me what they are.

But when I try to click ANYTHING or change view to the Expert window it won't let me. It is entirely unresponsive to clicking on any feature whatsoever. 

I am on a Mac OS X 10.9.5 and I have uninstalled and reinstalled my recently purchased Premiere 13.

• 1. Re: Premiere 13 stuck on Quick view and won't let me click anything
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Ekf501

Try deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file. I am strictly an Elements Windows user, so here is where I think that file is in Mac...

Libraries/Users/User Name/Application Support/Adobe/Premiere Elements/13.0.

Are you running the computer/Premiere Elements as Administrator? Permissions all in order?

Is the latest version of QuickTIme installed on your computer?

Have you restarted the computer?

Have you ever gotten in the Expert workspace of the program?

More later.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere 13 stuck on Quick view and won't let me click anything
            Ekf501 Level 1

Yes, I am running Premiere as the Admin.

I'm pretty sure my permissions are in order, though I would be unsure where to check that.

I've gotten into Expert, Quick, and Guided in the Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 that came in the bundle I purchased so I know it should be possible to access.

I'm running Quicktime 10.3(fully updated), I have shut down and restarted my computer, and I tried deleting my Prefs file but nothing has worked so far.

The problem is that I can't do anything other than import footage. It won't even let me scrub the timeline. I don't get it.

• 3. Re: Premiere 13 stuck on Quick view and won't let me click anything
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Ekf501

Thanks for the follow up. Sorry that the news was not better.

I know that you have said that you have done uninstall/reinstall, but have you tried the scenario

with uninstall, free ccleaner run through to get rid of leftovers from incomplete uninstalls/reinstalls, and

then the reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled (or other 3rd party security).

CCleaner - Download

As said, I am strictly an Elements Windows user....but....

a. Does a look at the firewall(s) situation at download/install of the program seem worthwhile?

From what I have read...Mac Security: Firewalls | Macworld

b. Are you using one of those pen and tablet devices instead of the mouse?

c. Did you install the program to the default location?

d. Video card/graphics card up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

e. What about a new source of Premiere Elements 13 installation files?

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-13-direct-download-links-premiere.html

During installation you insert your purchased serial number. Read and carry out carefully web page's "Note: Very

Important Instructions" in order to avoid Access Denied message.

c. You could try to get Adobe involved in this via its Chat line by clicking on the following link

http://helpx.adobe.com/sea/contact.html?step=PRE_adobe-id-signing-in_stillNeedHelp

Premiere Elements

Adobe ID, Signing In

Adobe ID, Sign In, Account Help

Chat Panel

If the link does not hold the set, then you will need to navigate to the Chat Panel using the above titles as guides.

The titles are not ideal, but they will take you to a usable Chat Panel. The plan is to reach a Chat representative

who can answer your question or help you make contact with a department that can offer remote control troubleshooting

of your computer. Most of the other Chat links point to Ask the Community where you are now.

Please review and consider and then let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere 13 stuck on Quick view and won't let me click anything
                Ekf501 Level 1

ATR

I am using a tablet with a mouse but I haven't had any issues with it when using the Photoshop that came in the same bundle.

I installed it to the start up hard disk.

No firewall, video card, or graphics issues.

I'm trying the other download link but so far nothing is working.

I'm contacting the chat now.

Thanks for your help

• 5. Re: Premiere 13 stuck on Quick view and won't let me click anything
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Ekf501

Let us see how it goes with Adobe Chat Panel.

But, I need to dig out the thread, but there was a recent thread which reported strange Premiere Elements problems which were resolved

by getting rid of the pen and tablet and going to the mouse.

We will hunt for that thread as you try to get some input from Adobe on your issue.

ATR

• 6. Re: Premiere 13 stuck on Quick view and won't let me click anything
                    Ekf501 Level 1

Just a quick update, I need to wait for help on chat because the people trained in Premiere are only in on weekdays. 

• 7. Re: Premiere 13 stuck on Quick view and won't let me click anything
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Ekf501

We will be watching for further developments. I would have thought that a 24/7 opportunity, but...

Until you get through to Chat Panel, I would explore a possible pen and tablet involvement.

ATR

• 8. Re: Premiere 13 stuck on Quick view and won't let me click anything
                        Ekf501 Level 1

My god, dude! I would kiss you if the screen wasn't in the way! Thank you so much. It turned out to be the tablet that was freaking the system out. A bit of a silly issue but I'm so glad it was nothing more troubling.

You have been a lifesaver ATR

• 9. Re: Premiere 13 stuck on Quick view and won't let me click anything
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Ekf501

I will settle for a virtual toast to your success.

Wonderful news. I have not yet found the original thread where a pen and tablet was creating all sorts

of weird behavior for Premiere Elements. But, now we have at least two reports of serious problems

with Premiere Elements and installation of a pen and tablet in the computer environment.

There have been miscellaneous reports about Premiere Elements and mouse vs pen tablet differences, but none as extreme as what you and another have encountered.

I need to bookmark these reports. I have a feeling these may be the first of many.

Again, great news, great job.

Best wishes

ATR