3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2014 3:45 PM by ssprengel

Bought Lightroom - could not activate it.

avishaynoam

Bought Lightroom - could not activate it.

• 1. Re: Bought Lightroom - could not activate it.
          elie-d Level 4

More information, please. Perpetual license or cloud rental? If perpetual, on CD or download? If perpetual, do you have a 24 digit registration key starting with 1160? (Do not post your number.) When you put your number into the activation box, what happens? What OS?

• 2. Re: Bought Lightroom - could not activate it.
            avishaynoam Level 1

This is Creative Cloud perpetual plan. I bought a yearly plan.

I received a mail indicating that the order was approved and instructions where to download it, which I did.

After downloading and installation I still get a message that my trail period had expired.

OS=Windows 7

• 3. Re: Bought Lightroom - could not activate it.
              ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

There are two different LR programs, one that is licensed by a serial number and one that is licensed by logging into CC.

You’ve probably installed the serial-number-licensed one from a download link on the Adobe Updates page and need to uninstall that and install the CC-licensed one.

Uninstall whatever LR you have now using the OS’s uninstall process.

Log out of the CC Desktop app—the one that looks like an infinity symbol, reboot, then log back into the CC app, and look at its Apps tab.  There you should see LR with an Install button next to it.  Install that and you should be ok.