4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2014 9:34 AM by A.T. Romano

Project finished, images widened

AZ Aurora Level 1

Okay my project is finished and I am viewing it on a widescreen HD TV and to fill the screen I set my TV for either widescreen or panoramic to "fill the screen". A comment from a viewer said, "I look fat"?!  So in trying to find out what the problem is I switched my setting to "normal" and than the "fat" look went away, but the picture does not fill the screen.

That said I was wondering if I shouldn't have set my project up for a 16:9 instead of a 4:3. So I tried resizing my images and whenever I resize my photo for a 16:9 I get the same results, it "fattens" the subject. Also when I go to do a 16:9 ratio I need to "uncheck" my "constrain proportions" to get a 1920 x 1080 or a 2200 x 1238

My pictures are taken with a Nikon Cool Pix S9100, my setting is HD 1080p (1920x1080) and my image size when I import it to Photoshop is 4000 x 3000 pixels.

My project settings for this DVD project were DV NTSC, frame size 720x480 Pixel Aspect Ration D1/DV My pictures imported were 1050 x 750    I am using PE 12

For the most part I am satisfied with the end results, except for "the fat comment", is there a way that I can eliminate that for any future projects?  Thank you