0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2014 10:36 AM by mckeephoto

3d Texture issue in photoshop cc -Rotating it?

mckeephoto

Okay, yes, I know this is not a 3d program but, adobe does make some claims here so this should work! I think...

I have spent the morning working with an extruded tube and am struggling to get an image projected onto it in the right orientation. I don't know if I am having memory issues or am missing some other step!

I created the tube and selected the front elevation material and added the texture I wanted to it. By changing the Diffuse Material from texture to projection, I got it to stick.

Then I selected the extrusion material. I built an image that would look like it was reflecting the scene around it. But, every time I go to apply the image in the Diffuse Material, it wraps it around the shape 90 degrees the wrong way!

First thought was to Edit the Texture and flip it 90 degrees to compensate. It doesn't appear to refresh. And rendering the file still shows it as rotated the wrong way!

Screen Shot 2014-12-07 at 1.31.01 PM.jpg

Oh, and as long as we are looking at the Edit the texture, the UV overlay is way the heck off the image. Can't figure out how to reposition that, if it is important.

Screen Shot 2014-12-07 at 1.30.41 PM.jpg

I have gotten it to occasionally appear going the right direction. And, I have even gotten it to refresh with the UV editor as I am doing it. But, as soon as I close the editor, the texture disappears and I am back at square one.

I am running on an imac 10.9.5 24gb of ram.

with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2048 MB