5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2014 6:12 PM by Rick Gerard

Warp Stabilizer

P MO

I have Processed (analyzing) day's of Warp Stabilizer. When I upgrade to the new After Effects will my footage need to go the rethinking process  (analyzing) for days too?

• 1. Re: Warp Stabilizer
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Could be, could be not. Who knows about specific compatibility issues and whatnot, even more so since you have not provided any proper technical info like system details? Eitehr way. nothing stops you from rendering out intermediate files. Dealing with those bloated AE project files must be a nightmare, anyway.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Warp Stabilizer
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The success and speed of warp stabilizer depends on the shot and the format of the file. You should only be stabilizing the portions of the shots you are using and if you are having problems then you should transcode the part of the shot you want to stabilize to a production format, stabilize, then render your warp stabilized footage to a production codec for use in your projects. Most newbies will try and warp stabilize a long shot and then will try and use that shot directly to do some other effects. Warp Stabilizing takes a tremendous amount of system resources, is not permanent (meaning if you have a crash or save failure you have to do it again) and is very slow to render on most machines.

If following the advice above doesn't give you better results then post tell us everything there is to know about your shot or post it.

• 3. Re: Warp Stabilizer
              P MO Level 1

I am using AE CC 2014 and the one previously to that. My files are long because I am stabilizing a lot of selected aerial footage.  I guess I am going to have to find out by doing it?

Thanks for all your replies all...

• 4. Re: Warp Stabilizer
                P MO Level 1

Everything has to be re analyzed . Its a wonderful tool thou.

• 5. Re: Warp Stabilizer
                  Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

That is why you warp stabilize then render before you do anything else.