1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 8, 2014 12:32 AM by station_two

Photoshop update

meganjoann917 Level 1

Hey everyone.

I created a PSD document this morning. Just a few moments ago I was notified that my Photoshop had updated. I tried to open the file that I created this morning and an error message popped up saying this file is not compatible with this version of Photoshop. This is part of my final exam and I really need a way to make this compatible or find a way to open it and re-save it as a compatible version.... Anyone?

• 1. Re: Photoshop update
          Level 5

meganjoann917 wrote:

…I created a PSD document this morning. Just a few moments ago I was notified that my Photoshop had updated. I tried to open the file that I created this morning and an error message popped up saying this file is not compatible with this version of Photoshop.…

That message usually indicates you have a corrupted, irretrievably damaged image file.

You need to go to your backup file.

The fact that you noticed this after a Photoshop update is probably just a coincidence.

If there are no privacy concerns, you can upload a copy of your file to the FTP space of your choice (such as Dropbox, yousendit.com) and post the public link to it here so that others can take a look at it.

You may be able to open the flattened composite in Illustrator, but your layers are most likely toast.

If you are on a Mac, try downloading a trial version of GraphicConverter.  If that application doesn't open a given file, my experience is that nothing else will.