5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2014 8:32 AM by brooksbarrett

conflict of cs5 with yosemite. Will not open. "An unexpected and unrecoverable problem has occured. Photoshop will now exit."

brooksbarrett

I have reinstalled CS5 and updated java. Same message every time. Running 10.10.1

• 1. Re: conflict of cs5 with yosemite. Will not open. "An unexpected and unrecoverable problem has occured. Photoshop will now exit."
          Level 5

Due to the current unavailability of clairvoyants and mind-readers in the forum, we respectfully request you supply sensible, complete details.

BOILERPLATE TEXT:

Note that this is boilerplate text.

If you give complete and detailed information about your setup and the issue at hand,

such as your platform (Mac or Win),

exact versions of your OS, of Photoshop (not just "CS6", but something like CS6v.13.0.6) and of Bridge,

your settings in Photoshop > Preference > Performance

the type of file you were working on,

machine specs, such as total installed RAM, scratch file HDs, total available HD space, video card specs, including total VRAM installed,

what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far,

what error message(s) you receive,

if having issues opening raw files also the exact camera make and model that generated them,

if you're having printing issues, indicate the exact make and model of your printer, paper size, image dimensions in pixels (so many pixels wide by so many pixels high). if going through a RIP, specify that too.

etc.,

someone may be able to help you (not necessarily this poster, who is not a Windows user).

a screen shot of your settings or of the image could be very helpful too.

Please read this FAQ for advice on how to ask your questions correctly for quicker and better answers:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419981?tstart=0

Thanks!

• 2. Re: conflict of cs5 with yosemite. Will not open. "An unexpected and unrecoverable problem has occured. Photoshop will now exit."
            brooksbarrett Level 1

First of all, your opening shows a lack of understanding on the subject of customer relations. From your boilerplate, it would appear you didn't even read the further explanation in the body of the note. As far as I can tell, the only thing I didn't supply that might be needed was the version of CS5 (v12.1x64?). If you don't want to deal with my problem, then how about suggesting how I can contact Photoshop for support? FYI, Yosemite is the latest OS that runs on Mac.

Brooks Barrett

Due to the current unavailability of clairvoyants and mind-readers in the forum, we respectfully request you supply sensible, complete details.

• 3. Re: conflict of cs5 with yosemite. Will not open. "An unexpected and unrecoverable problem has occured. Photoshop will now exit."
              Level 5

brooksbarrett wrote:

First of all, your opening shows a lack of understanding on the subject of customer relations.

I am not in "customer relations" at all.  This is a user forum, you are not addressing Adobe here.

ANOTHER BOILERPLATE TEXT extracted from the FAQ:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/375816?tstart=0

Do not be abusive or aggressive in your tone

An aggressive, demanding, accusatory or abusive sounding post will often evoke an aggressive or abusive and unhelpful reply.

Remember, you are not addressing Adobe here in the user forums.  You are requesting help from volunteers users just like you who give their time free of charge. No one has any obligation to answer your questions.

If you don't like any particular reply, you are entitled to your money back: $0.00

• 4. Re: conflict of cs5 with yosemite. Will not open. "An unexpected and unrecoverable problem has occured. Photoshop will now exit."
                Level 5

brooksbarrett wrote:

…As far as I can tell, the only thing I didn't supply that might be needed was the version of CS5 (v12.1x64?)…

No, you still have not supplied enough information for others to help you..

I still have no idea about your system specs (see boilerplate text in 1st reply), etc., all of which could cause Photoshop to fail, nor how you installed Photoshop.

brooksbarrett wrote:

…If you don't want to deal with my problem, then how about suggesting how I can contact Photoshop for support?

No, as a matter of fact, by now I have no desire to deal with you or your problem at all.  (See, this is the unhelpful response evoked by an aggressive, demanding, accusatory sounding post that the FAQ I quoted above warns you about in my previous post.)

However, I can tell you that CS5 is not supported by Adobe at all, as it is an obsolete version they no longer sell, so no matter whom you contact at Adobe, they will not give you any support.  At best, they will direct you back here to these forums.

Good luck.

• 5. Re: conflict of cs5 with yosemite. Will not open. "An unexpected and unrecoverable problem has occured. Photoshop will now exit."
                  brooksbarrett Level 1

I am or would have been, your student learning how to do something important to me. In that respect I am your customer. I apologize for my lack of knowledge in asking what seemed to be a simple question. Having said that, I suggest you look at your opening regarding clairvoyants and mind readers. From where I stand, it absolutely meets the definition of bad manners. To whit: your reply to me about aggression; don't you honestly think your opening meets the noted text below? I do and that is the reason for my reply. Sorry about that.

"Do not be abusive or aggressive in your tone

An aggressive, demanding, accusatory or abusive sounding post will often evoke an aggressive or abusive and unhelpful reply."

Happy Holidays,

Brooks Barrett