3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2014 9:21 PM by JJMack

Animate to an audio track?

drmdzh

I'm working in CS6. I'm trying to make a frame by frame animation for a music video, so I need to import the audio into Photoshop and then work in frame animation. The only way I seem to be able to import the audio is in the video timeline, which works fine. Then I convert to frame animation and the audio disappears! Surely there is a way to do frame animation to an audio track, yes? Please let me know what I'm doing wrong, thanks.

• 1. Re: Animate to an audio track?
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

I believe you would need to render your frame animation out as a mp4 video then  open a new document and create a video timeline. Add the mp4 video asset and add an audio track to it. Then render a new mp4 that had the video with and audio track. That video with audio can be added to a video time line and have an additional audio track added.

• 2. Re: Animate to an audio track?
            drmdzh Level 1

Thanks for the response, but I guess that doesn't help. If I can't hear the audio as I'm animating frame by frame, how can I line up the animation to the audio properly? Seems like a big problem if the program can't do this.

• 3. Re: Animate to an audio track?
              JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Photoshop is an image editor with some animation and video capabilities.  You should look into a video editing product like premier.I do not do video but even with a video editor I do not think you will be able to step frame by frame and hear audio to see if its in sync. I think you would need to shift the audio track or video track relative to the other and the play at full speed to check the sync and note if need to change the frame rate to match the audio better or add or remove frames.  For changing the audio rate would distort the sound your eyes are more forgiving then your ears. With Photoshop you should also  be able to shift the the tracks relative to the other.

Frame animations do not have audio. Video can contain audio and can also also have separate audio track.