1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 7, 2014 4:23 PM by JimHess

redownloading and upgrading...

whooooareyou Level 1

I had Lightroom 4.4 on my laptop when the hard drive failed. When I re-downloaded my LR disk to the desktop I purchased, I got v. 1.2 and was only able to upgrade to version 1.4  How can I get back up to v. 4.4 like I had before? I especially miss the paintbrush tool and being able to apply my own watermark for business.

• 1. Re: redownloading and upgrading...
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Assuming that you still have your Lightroom 4 serial number, and assuming that you are using a Windows computer, download from this location: Adobe - Lightroom : For Windows : Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.4.1

Run the installation program. When you start Lightroom it will indicate that it is a trial version. But there is an option on that screen where you can indicate that you have a serial number. Choose that option and you will be able to provide the serial number. Since you are undoubtedly installing an upgrade, the serial number from Lightroom 1 will be needed. If that program is still installed on your computer the installer will find it. Otherwise you will need to have that serial number available as well.