1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 21, 2015 6:26 AM by imjacksavage

How can I make Premiere Pro handle Live Text Templates faster?

DanielFlanagan

Currently I have a an After Effects Project that is setup as a Text Template.  When I render out the "template" composition in AFX, it takes 8 seconds.  The same composition through Live Text in Premiere Pro takes 34 minutes.  This comp is 6 seconds, and I can't for the life of me explain, or fix, the time difference...  After Effects multi-frame processing is turned off, so that shouldn't be the issue... I'm at a lost... I don't mind rendering my titles out in After Effects, but it is much more convenient in Premiere Pro as the text fields are all in the same place.

My computer is a custom Windows 8.1 Pro running Premiere Pro and After Effects CC 2014.1 with 64GB of RAM, a NVIDIA GeForce 680 2GB, and an Intel i7-3960X 3.30GHz processor.  I've noticed that when PPro is attempting to render, its task in the task manager never goes about 5% and the AfterFX one it creates never goes above 10% CPU usage.  The two applications also don't use much RAM, though I don't suppose they should need a lot seeing how it is a 6 second comp... But none the less, I've allocated 58GB to the Adobe Suite through the AFX preferences dialog. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated...