2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2014 7:10 AM by A.T. Romano

elements 8 registration error

chivalrypro

I'm attempting to register my copy of PE8 using my Adobe ID or making up a new one and it keeps giving me an error "Photoshop.com services are currently unavailable. Please try again later or check your network connections."

2nd day I've tried to register and keep getting this.

Then when I try to run it anyways, it gets to the new project details and crashes.

Windows8.1 Ultimate, 64bit. 8gig RAM.

• 1. Re: elements 8 registration error
          A.T. Romano Level 7

chivalrypro

photoshop.com has been discontinued by Adobe in version 10 and earlier, but traces of the feature still remain in these earlier versions.

Ignore (cancel out of) those Sign In/photoshop.com messages and continue into the workspace for your importing, editing, and export.

When you get to disc menus, you will see photoshop.com plus members only thumbnails for some menus. They are not available to you

even though you see their thumbnail there. Cancel out of any photoshop.com plus messages that you may receive if you accidentally click

on one of those thumbnails.

Are you saying that you have cancelled out of the photoshop.com messages and still

Then when I try to run it anyways, it gets to the new project details and crashes.

Where are these crashes occurring - in the new project dialog when you need to set your project preset to

match the properties of your source media? If you are in the new project dialog when the crashes occur, what do

you have designated in the new project dialog Save In and how much free space is at that location?

Important....

a. Beforehand, have you installed the 8.0.1 Update? If not, please do so with the program closed.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4653

b. After 8.0.1 Update is installed, make sure that you are working with the automatic Background Rendering

and AutoAnalzyer features disabled. For Background Rendering, see Premiere Elements workspace Edit Menu/

Preferences/General. For AutoAnalzyer, see Elements Organizer 8 Edit Menu/Preferences/AutoAnalzyer Options.

c. Remember, Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 is only a 32 bit application running in the 32 bit compatibility mode of the 64

bit system and will be governed by the 32 bit system computer resource limitations.

Please review and consider. Any questions or need clarification, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: elements 8 registration error
            A.T. Romano Level 7

chivalrypro

I have assumed that your Elements 8 is Premiere Elements 8 and not Photoshop Elements 8. Is that correct?

ATR