1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 8, 2014 2:44 AM by Peter Spier

How to open a indesign document with failling fonts ? Indesign shuts down instantaneously

WenClem

Hello,

Here is my problem: Everytime I try to open my 100 page document, indesign shuts down. I can't  even open the preview copy I saved one week ago.

We tried to open the document on various PC, or Mac, nothing works.

Since I still can start new documents, we think it is because of a failling font, but indesign shuts down even with the Font Explorer X pro.

System used : Windows 7

indesign CC 64

• 1. Re: How to open a indesign document with failling fonts ? Indesign shuts down instantaneously
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

From your description its hard to know what the problem is. Does InDesign crash on open (from the start menu) in a new user account? If it does, the problem is in the application or the system. If it opens, the problem is in the user data in the other account, and the first thing to check is to make sure the InDesign Recovery folder is empty. On Windows 7 you'll find it under \Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Adobe\InDesign\<Version No>\<language>\Caches which is a hidden folder. If you empty the recovery folder ID should launch, but your file itself may also be damaged and crash again, or there may be font problems you need to resolve.

You should also turn off the font activation plugin for FEX for testing, and see Troubleshoot font problems | Windows