3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2014 9:33 AM by A.T. Romano

premier 10

jonnyvait

Every time i try to add a disc menu in premier 10 the program shuts down, I have rebooted down loaded current software and still can't figure it out

Jon

• 1. Re: premier 10
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jonnyvait

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 10 running on? And, what video card/graphics card does that computer use?

Assuming Windows for now, please verify with Device Manager/Display Adapters, card or cards listed there.

Are you running the program from a User Account with Administrative Privileges? And, have you applied Run As Administrator to the desktop icon for the program?

What is the size of the project involved....how many Timeline markers, how many main menu pages expected based on designed in buttons/page, how many scene menu pages expected based on designed in buttons/page?

Let us start here and then decide what next based on your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: premier 10
            jonnyvait Level 1

I am using a mac,I have just about 7 min video i put it together with stills and have music with it and some voice over and some test not much, i have made other videos using my PC with studio DV an old video editing software, I just want to have someplace for the person to hit play, nothing fancy, I could have just one time line marker

Jon Vait

[personal information removed... Mod - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3731]

[This is an open forum, not Adobe support, please do not post personal information]

• 3. Re: premier 10
              A.T. Romano Level 7

jonnyvait

This is not Adobe. Rather user to user forum. Your readout in post 4 might or might not be useful if this were Adobe? Also, please do not include contact information in your posts in order to avoid typically to be expect online nuisances.

Typically answers to basic questions gets to the heart of the matter.

I am strictly an Elements Windows user. In a Windows situation comparable to yours, I would

a. right click the program desktop icon and select Run As Administrator even if I were running the program from a user account with

Administrative Privileges....that worked in one tough case with Windows and these disc menus..

b. assure that you are running the program from a User Account with Administrative Privileges even if you are the sole owner of the computer.

See Mac User Accounts.

Determine if articles such as the following help with regard to setting up Mac privileges to resolve the issue

Troubleshooting permissions issues in Mac OS X - Apple Support

ATR