17 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2015 2:14 PM by A.T. Romano

Adobe Premiere Elements 13 Text Animation trouble

TimBodie2412

I have Adobe Premier Elements 13. I need to put text in my video and I would like to give it an animation, but it won't let me apply and animation. I click on the

text, then I click on the animation I want but it won't let me hit the "apply" button to put the animation on the text. Can someone please help me with this?

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 Text Animation trouble
          beall357

I just upgraded to Adobe Premiere Elements 13 and am having the same problem.  Is there a solution?

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 Text Animation trouble
            A.T. Romano Level 7

TimBodie2412

How many lines of text are you using? And, where are you starting

Text Menu/New Text/Default Text

or

Titles & Text Tab

General

Default Text

or

Other?

In the opened Titler, are you selecting highlighting the Text Animation choice and dragging it into the

selected text's bounding box on screen or are you selecting highlighting the Text Animation choice and scrolling down and selecting Apply.

Please review the following choices and then let us know what works for you (or does not).

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...beall357, please review and consider also. I have not found any glitches in the Premiere Elements 13 Titler text titles and Text Animation to date.

• 3. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 Text Animation trouble
              keiko76 Level 1

Hi,

try to create a new text. This time make sure you choose Default text from Titles and text-panel.

select the animation you want and now the Apply-button should be active.

It's  inactive for some types of texts like title texts etc.

Hope this helps.

• 4. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 Text Animation trouble
                A.T. Romano Level 7

keiko76

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

Text animation are active in Premiere Elements (see details in link below)

a. whether you use Text Menu/New Text/Default Text or Titles & Text Tab/General/Default Text.

b. the animation selected can be dragged into the Timeline or applied by going to the Apply button in the

Titler's Animation section.

The Animation option run into problems

a. if more than one line of text

b. not running Default Text

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: Titler - Part 1 Text Animations

You mention

It's  inactive for some types of texts like title texts etc.

.Could you elaborate on that, giving

specific example as guideline. I have tried a lot of fonts including Wingding3 and have not run

into problems applying text title animation.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 Text Animation trouble
                  pefed

I have the same problem -no chance to choose an animation (elements 13, Windows 8.1).

But it depends only on the font!!! I had choosen Segoe script -no chance to choose an animation. I changed to another font -no problem.

If I first choose a font which works and then the animation, I can change the font after it again to the font not working before and the animation still works on.

Therefore the problem can be solved, but it must be a problem of the programming of the software.

• 6. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 Text Animation trouble
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

pefed

I cannot confirm your finding about Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 8.1 and not being able to apply Animation to text with the font Segoe Script.

I find no problem in doing that with

Premiere Elements 13/13.1 on Windows 7 64 bit

Premiere Elements 13/13.1 on Windows Home 10 64 bit which is an upgrade from Windows 8.1 64 bit

Could you supply more details

a. Are you saying that there was nothing in the Animation section of the Titler when the font set in the Text section of the Titler was Segoe Script?

b. Have you updated Premiere Elements 13 to 13.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates?

c. Other

ATR

• 7. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 Text Animation trouble
                      pefed Level 1

Thank you for your response.

I have the newest update. I am working on an Acer Aspire R with i7. Windows 8.1 always on the latest update too.

In the animation section everything is there, but the two buttons at the end for ok or take the animation away are not highlighted, so you can not confirm the animation (sorry for my bad english).

The project was started after the latest update was done and before starting the projekt I let premiere elements search for new updates.

• 8. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 Text Animation trouble
                        pefed Level 1

Sorry, perhaps I have to say that I use the german language version.

• 9. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 Text Animation trouble
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

pefed

Thanks for the reply.

To update Premiere Elements 13, you go to Expert workspace, Help Menu/Updates. Is that way telling you that you are up to date and are working from 13.1?

If you go to Help Menu/About Premiere Elements, does the beginning of the information say version 13.1?

In the Titler/Animation Section, do you verify that you have a blue frame around your animation choice when you are looking at the Apply and Remove buttons?

And, is your text selected with the bounding box around it?

titleranimation.JPG

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 10. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 Text Animation trouble
                            pefed Level 1

Let me try:

Yes, Help-Menu and then Updates is the way I use to proof for them.

Yes, Help-Menu and About... shows 13.1

Yes, I have no problem to choose an animation meaning to click on it and then there is the blue frame around it. But no highlighted Button at the bottom für ok oder remove all animations.

Yes, the box with my text is selected with the bounding box around it. To be serios: I have tried it with and without the bounding box, with marked text and without. No way to get the possibility to choose the animation.

Thank you for your ongoing looking at this

• 11. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 Text Animation trouble
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

pefed

Thank you the follow up with confirming details concerning Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Titler Animation and Segoe Script font.

Since you are working from an German Language Version, I wonder if that could be the difference in result between use?

Since I do not have the German Language Version, I cannot do cross comparison with you on this matter. As I have said, I do not see this issue in English version Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Windows.

But, if we look at this in the hope of a preference problem, you may want to explore deletion of the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 13.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then you delete the whole 13.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives enabled so that you can see the complete path given. I offer this as an unlikely possibility but worth a try. I am not sure if we can invoke a corrupt Segoe Script font in this case.

The Adobe Premiere Elements Forum attracts Premiere Elements users from all over the world. It is hoped that one of the other German Language Version users will see you thread and step forward to confirm your finding or report otherwise.

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 12. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 Text Animation trouble
                                pefed Level 1

Thank you for your further investigations.

Your suggestions are right: It must have something to do with the update.

I have 2 Folders at AppData, Roaming, Adobe:

1. Premiere Elements with the next folder "13.0", here I can find a .prefs file

2. "Premiere Elements 13.0" under this I cannot find a prefs file

If I delete the .prefs file in the folder "13.0" I have no problems with the font and animations -works as it should. BUT: I can not chosse any text element any more except standard!

Therefore you have found, that I guess it has to do with the update

• 13. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 Text Animation trouble
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

pefed

Thanks for the follow up.

Just in case message...after you delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file, when you re-open Premiere Elements, the program will generate a new Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and all should be OK.

When you say

If I delete the .prefs file in the folder "13.0" I have no problems with the font and animations -works as it should. BUT: I can not chose any text element any more except standard!

To what are you referring when you say except standard?

To the right of the font name, I see a choice of Bold or Regular. Are you saying that you can only select Regular?

Thanks for the follow ups.

Best wishes

ATR

• 14. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 Text Animation trouble
                                    pefed Level 1

Hi ATR

no, I mean: If you want to put text to the video you first must choose in the bottom of the screen out of the menu "titel and text" the kind of text you want. This is now complete deleted with the only option für standardtext. The windows, that opens, ist bigger than the monitor screen, so that I cannot see, if there are more options above to choose.

I didn't delete the original file, but cut it off and copied it to another place. After the problem with the text I copied it back, but this effect still remains. I guess I have to do a new installation

• 15. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 Text Animation trouble
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

pefed

Thanks for the reply.

When you go to Text Menu/New Text/Default Text, can you use that route instead of Titles & Text way? What is it that you are using under Titles & Text Tab?

ATR

• 16. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 Text Animation trouble
                                        pefed Level 1

Hi ATR,

you are great and the result is very funny

Before your answer I tried the way by the menu at the bottom and by the menu at the top, but there right of text (in German: Aktionsleiste). This was silly of me. Your way is much better: I just tried to go to the menu, there text, Standard, and there I have 3 options: I had choosen standard rolling (or how it is at your english menu) and the window with all the options opened. Now small enough to fit in the screen.

Surprised as I was I closed the window and tried the title and text button at the bottom again. And what should I say, now the windows fits as before, I can reach the menu at the top, choos all options and have all options again. No need to reinstall.

Thank you very much for this.

• 17. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 Text Animation trouble
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

pefed

Wonderful news of your success. You did very well, and I thank you for considering the suggestions.

It is good to know that you are moving forward with your Premiere Elements projects.

Please do not hesitate to ask questions or to ask for clarification on Premiere Elements workflows. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

Best wishes

ATR