2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2014 1:16 AM by Mylenium

Graph Editor not working right

123bea321

My graph editor is not working right and I have no idea what is causing this. As you can see the green curve has a V shape there but not a curve like I'm trying to get and that makes my animation "jump". All of these keyframes has Easy Ease on them. Sometimes this happens and sometimes not. I am not using any script, expression or additional pluggin in this scene. I am using After Effects CC.

I don't know if its matter but here is my computer spec..

3.5 GHz i7 iMac with 16 GB ram and NVIDA GeForce GTX 780m (4 GB)

Anyone who might have a solution to this very annoying problem.

Screen Shot 2014-12-08 at 19.51.11.png

• 1. Re: Graph Editor not working right
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Graph editor does not display spatial interpolation or allow easy editing. There is nothing wrong that's just the way it works.

If you look at the path in the composition panel and you will see handles. Select the pen tool and hold down the cmnd/CTRL to bring up the convert point tool and click on the keyframe in the comp window to fix the problem or right-click on the keyframe in the timeline and change the interpretation to linear.

• 2. Re: Graph Editor not working right
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

As with all these things: Practice makes perfect. AE's flavor of a graph editor has always been a klutz and sad excuse and works completely different from e.g. 3D programs. You just have to wrap your head around it and learn.

Mylenium