6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2014 3:33 AM by THG_BO

lightroom keeps shuting down

teen14g

I tried to post this earlier but it got deleted. I have Lightroom. I bought it so I could edit raw files. I open the raw file I wish to work on, go to develop, click the adjustment brush, and it says " program not responding" then shuts down. I have tried to contact adobe only to get hang up on and trying to get customer service on the web page is a joke. so I hope some one here can help me.

• 1. Re: lightroom keeps shuting down
          THG_BO Level 3

Hello,

it is easier to help you when add addional information. Operation System, Hardware, Version of LR, camera and size of raw files. How do you import your files? do You applay presets? Screenshots?

Did you wait a few minutes?

• 2. Re: lightroom keeps shuting down
            teen14g Level 1

os is windows 7, home premium 64 bit os, processer AMD A6-3400M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.40 GHz, Toshiba laptop with 6gb ram, LR 4( last years) Fuji hs50exr, average file size is 25mb. I keep all my pics on and external and move the ones I wish to work on in to a folder on my desktop then upload them to Lightroom. I'm not sure about presets or screenshots, I don't think I do. I watched a tutorial on how to edit night pics better in Lr so that is what I was trying to apply  with the adjustment brush. after I posted this I tried the brush and a standard  Jpeg and although it was extremely slow ( took 30 min just for one small section to highlight) but at least Lr didn't shutdown. but still shuts down with raw images, and I believe that is should be a lot faster then it was for the jpeg. it took almost 90 mins just to highlight the top, then hit new, and highlight the bottom. and yes I do wait a few mins for them to upload, I understand that they are larger files and can take a few mins pending on how many I'm uploading. I hope your able to help me, thank you for your time.

• 3. Re: lightroom keeps shuting down
              THG_BO Level 3

Hello,

when you in the develop module try to "reset" all your changes. Some ajustments (e.g. lenscorrections, graduated filter) have a huge impact on the performance of LR.

Your computer is not fast. But it should not be that slow (running Lightroom). The Fuji camera have a "spechial" sensor that is different from others. There are a lot of reports in this forum (eg. Fuji x-trans raw files import extremely slow). May be LR is extreamly slow for this sensor.

• 4. Re: lightroom keeps shuting down
                THG_BO Level 3

Hello again,

you you use a mouse or the touch pad for the brush stokes? Touch pad may be a lot slower as as mouse,

• 5. Re: lightroom keeps shuting down
                  teen14g Level 1

I use my mouse, thanks for the suggestion, I'll try it out tomorrow.

• 6. Re: lightroom keeps shuting down
                    THG_BO Level 3

Hello,

you can also try a "proxy workflow". Create SmartPreviews and set the original images to "offline". SmartPreviews are smaler and "preprocessed" (perhapst this helps with the fuji sensor).