3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2014 5:05 PM by Benjamin Root

Photoshop unexpectedly cycling through newly-opened files

lexigeek

This is a weird one, and I can't get a foothold on what's causing it. I routinely have to open a batch of five graphics (it's not the same five graphics each time, but each project starts from the same five templates). Lately, when I open them all at the same time, a few seconds after I open them, Photoshop suddenly cycles through them in what seems to be a random order (though it never ends on the file I was looking at when it starts cycling). This is playing havoc with my workflow, as I have actions that rely on the files being opened in a particular order. Not to mention the fact that it often happens just as I'm starting to edit the files. All of a sudden, I'm looking at a different image in the set.

It doesn't seem to be making any changes when it cycles, as there aren't any files that need saving after it's done. I just can't figure out what it's doing, or why.

I'm using Photoshop CC 2014.2.1, on a Macbook Pro, running OS X Yosemite (10.10.1). Happy to provide any additional details!