6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2014 10:35 PM by wobertc

my folders not showing in lightroom

pich

none of my folders are showing on lightroom all of the sudden

please help

• 1. Re: my folders not showing in lightroom
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Folders are only visible in Library not Develop so make sure you’re in the Library module.

Then right-click on Navigator or some other section title and put a checkmark back next to Folders.  The sections of a panel can be individually hidden or shown.

• 2. Re: my folders not showing in lightroom
            ~IanB~ Level 1

put your mouse pointer over the left hand edge of the screen and it should re-appear>>click; or just hit "tab" once as that's the short cut to remove/open the side panels.  "F6" will open and close LHS also. Infact F5 to F8 (??) can be used the hide/open each panel

• 3. Re: my folders not showing in lightroom
              pich Level 1

Thanks but the folders are not there. I just imported some test pictures and it does show. None of the other folders for my external hard drives show.

it's like if i had never imported photos before. i only see the 12 test picture folder i just created on my external drive.( look at picture please)

isn't there a way to import from lightroom back ups the folder info.

as if you're trying to open it on another computer?

this is what the screen FullSizeRender (1).jpglooks light right now!

• 4. Re: my folders not showing in lightroom
                pich Level 1

Thanks but the folders are not there. I just imported some test pictures and it does show. None of the other folders for my external hard drives show.

it's like if i had never imported photos before. i only see the 12 test picture folder i just created on my external drive.( look at picture please)

isn't there a way to import from lightroom back ups the folder info.

as if you're trying to open it on another computer?

this is what the screen FullSizeRender (1).jpglooks light right now!

• 5. Re: my folders not showing in lightroom
                  ~IanB~ Level 1

Bugga; just when I thought I knew the answer

are the images showing up on the external drive when look from the computer

If so make a new folder on the x/d and call it something 'my photos' or 'pictures' and put the folder of test file into that folder. You are doing this out side of LR

Now change the name of the files .... just add a dot will

in LR>>go import>> select those files (NOT the folder)>>click "add" >>make a key word "test" will do>>down the bottom rhs click "import". Hold your breath and the files should arrive inside lr.

Tip for later on: put ALL photos in one folder like "my photos......" so all subfolders and photos will live in that one main folder.

Got my fingers cross.... go for it

• 6. Re: my folders not showing in lightroom
                    wobertc Adobe Community Professional

Looks to me like you started a new catalog with just those 12 images.

Press CTRL+O (File- Open Catalog) and see if another catalog (your 'previous' one) exists and is available.