4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2014 5:04 AM by Willi Adelberger

How to make duplicate the para styles

hasvi Level 1

Hi,

I have already created some set of styles for journal tempalte [E.g.: jNL,jUNL,...].

Now I want to create same set of styles but starting with 'b' for book. [E.g.: bNL,bUNL,...].

How to get duplicate 200 style names, but 'j' has to change 'b'.

FYI:

1.png

Is this possible by script?

by

hasvi

• 1. Re: How to make duplicate the para styles
          Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

I would strongly recommend to make organized styles, all depending on each other like a tree.

So let's say make a basic para style, then create a folder (group) for the first style, depending on the basic. Name the folder J or Journal and the styles List1, List2, etc.

When this group is complete, duplicate the folder (group) and rename it book. The styles have the same name, but are different in the group. This is easier to handle than to to rename each style.

I do a similiar thing. I create a complete style sytem with groups and subgroups based on an outside basic style, but in the group is another basic style, this has the language German, when this group is complete, I duplicate it, change the name and change the basic style in the group to English, so I have the very same style name with a different language. In this basic style I adjust also language dependend GREPs, tracking or spaces should be wider in English because it needs less space normally, etc.

It is easier to work with groups than with renaming the styles, and you get a very similiar result for using it.

• 2. Re: How to make duplicate the para styles
            hasvi Level 1

Hi sir,

Thanks for your wonderful ideal, but are going to call this 'jLRH'... in our javascript.

So have to create as I said early.

by

hasvi

• 3. Re: How to make duplicate the para styles

You could ask in the scripting section of the forum, I think it could be done by script.

• 4. Re: How to make duplicate the para styles

Other question: Is it a big deal to replace instead of one letter in a javascript the group where the style belongs?