1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 9, 2014 7:19 AM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 12.1 and Scanned Slides

Michael Stehly Level 1

I have 370 JPEG scanned slides that I want to make into a video.  Each slide will run for 5 seconds for a total of 30 minutes.  I have a Dell desktop with 8 gigabytes of RAM and a 7200 speed hard drive. The computer has an Intel 1.5 processor.  Can Premiere Elements handle this amount of slides?

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 12.1 and Scanned Slides
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Michael Stehly

Yes, on handle that number of slides, but......

What are the pixel dimensions of these 370 JPEG scanned slides and what is the destination for them?

If you are using Premiere Elements 12/12.1 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, you can get away with higher pixel dimensions that would be indicated by

the classical recommendations that you may see for "not to exceed 1000 x 750" et al.

The answer goes to computer resources, pixel dimensions of the photos, and the number of photos. No matter how high the resolution of the photos, the export will be forced to the specifications of the export format selected. You need to define your fine line between letting the program do the resizing and that process slowing down or stopping that process.

ATR