I noticed that many people suffer because the Adobe Lens Profile Creator says "Detect corners failed because file reading errors occurred" and does not finish its job. For me the problem was a too long path and too many subfolders. I solved the problem by moving my DNG files, used for the lens profile creation, in the beginning of my hard drive and using them from there. At least so far I haven't seen the error message any more.
Thanks! I had the same error message in Adobe Lens Profile Creator 1.0.4 for OSX and I found the problem to be the letter ö in the folder name for the DNGs. The lens is an old ISCO-Göttingen and the progress stopped at 2% with the mentioned error message. Changed the folder name and now it works!