This error is a frustrating one because it doesn't show up anywhere outside of the Ingram Content Management System. The error is cause by a file contained within the EPUB package called "encryption.xml". This error can be resolved by removing this file from the EPUB package. In order to do this, you can do the following:
1. Rename the file from Name_EPUB.epub to Name_EPUB.zip
2. Using the compression software of your choice (winrar, winzip, 7-zip, etc) unzip the file
3. Go into the file folder, then into the META-INF folder
4. Delete the encryption.xml file
5. Using your compression software, add the mimetype file to a zip archive using No Compression/0 Compression/Store or a similar option so that the file is added to the archive as-is
6. Add the META-INF and OEBPS folders to the archive. These may be compressed.
7. Change the name of the archive from name.zip to name.epub
If the above steps have been followed properly then the file should pass ICMS's validation checks just fine, barring any other preexisting issues.
In this case, you do not need to concern yourself with EULA or font permissions. ICMS will only distribute the file to retail partners, where the file will then be protected by Digital Rights Management (DRM) which will prevent purchasers of the book from accessing the fonts and stealing them.
- Ingram Content Group: Conversion Services