2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2014 7:02 PM by A.T. Romano

Problems with Audio and Blank spaces between videos that cant be removed.

VysageTTR

I keep having 2 issues first after a few cutting and removal of clips the gap isnt always closed only way to get rid of it is to drag the clips to each other but it just places that blank space at the end. It cant be removed but after rendering wont appear on the video. My second problem is the audio bugs at times and it appears at the end of a video no way to remove it. it acts as though it isnt there but will appear in the video afterwards. its stuck in my credit screen with no way to remove the audio nothing shows up in the soundtrack nor does an option to delete audio appear. Its frustrating for I cant remove it at all.

Thank you for helping

• 1. Re: Problems with Audio and Blank spaces between videos that cant be removed.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

VysageTTR

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running? What workspace of the program

are you working in?

Have you expanded the Timeline with the -+ slider above the Timeline so that you can get a good look at the Timeline content

and make sure Delete and Close Gap decisions are based on what you can see. Do you have content on the tracks above and below

the point where you are dealing with Delete and Close Gap?

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: Delete and Close Gap Failures

With regard to your audio issue....what is the video and audio compression as well as file extension of the Timeline video involved?

Any Xvid.avi in the mix?  What is the duration of the Timeline content when your audio issues sets in?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

ATR

• 2. Re: Problems with Audio and Blank spaces between videos that cant be removed.
            VysageTTR Level 1

My system specs are OS Win7

i7-4790k

Gtx 970

It is premiere elements 13

The gaps occur at random times at any place on the timeline. Zooming in on the timeline reveals nothing. The gaps causes huge delays between real video transitions sometimes even a black screen. And no no audio or text narration of any form is ever added. Until the end of section editing.

The audio issues always arrive at the end of a video and span into the credits

As far as audio goes the software that I use to record is Sbadowplay and I don't know its default compression. But didn't have issues the first movie creation. For music I pull from my iTunes account via the folders from itunes drag and drop.

• 3. Re: Problems with Audio and Blank spaces between videos that cant be removed.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

VysageTTR

Just a random thought....if you right click anywhere in a blank area of the Timeline in Premiere Elements 13 Expert workspace, is the Snap option in the drop down menu selected? If not, please select and determine if it makes a difference to your gap situations.

Just to factor it in or out of the troubleshooting, please delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and, if that does not work to remedy the audio situations, then delete the whole 13 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists.

Windows 7 (assume 64 bit)

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 13.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then you delete the whole 13.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited.

We will be watching for your results.

Thank you.

ATR