0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2014 3:05 PM by Vonster

Letting Users have a Choice

Vonster Level 1

Rotating in Adobe Draw

How is hiding such basic functionality as rotate 2 clicks deep in Adobe Draw better than how it was handled in Adobe Ideas? This really makes the process a whole lot slower. Why not put that functionality right there in the base tool bar or at the very least give users the choice to add it to the forefront tools so we don't have to go clicking through the equivalent of sub-menus. It's a waste of time.

Undoing in Adobe Draw

Losing the arrows to undo from the tool bar and replacing that functionality with a two finger swipe is slower. If you want any level of precision you use a stylus to draw with, so please once again give the user the choice to add the arrows back in through a pref setting because it's faster to click with the stylus than it is to swipe with two fingers when you're holding a stylus. And attempting to swipe with your non-dominant hand means you'll keep accidentally drawing a line so it actually makes the whole process slower.

Can't Export PDF from Adobe Draw

Also removing the ability to email a simple PDF is just a step backwards. Your twitter account said that will be coming back but who is the genius that thought that was a smart move to lose that functionality? I use that literally all the time when I use Adobe Ideas. So the sooner the better on getting that back.

Erasing in Adobe Draw

And lastly your iconography for the tools. You need to be a bit more literal to communicate better. For example your erase tool I thought was an empty zone I could some how create and save my own nib too. (That is functionality that would be cool BTW) So the icon was a huge fail since that is suppose to be an eraser. Make it look like an eraser. This is UX 101. Give users the choice to add the eraser to the tool palette so it's a quicker access, don't hide it within a sub-menu. Mimic how it is in reality, the eraser is always right there when you're drawing it's not filed away in a cup with my other pens.

Send to Illustrator in Adobe Draw

Send to Illustrator is pretty brilliant. That is working very well.