This is really odd - I started a new catalog today. Rendered SPs. The file exists, and I see it, but LR doesn't show them as being there. It just shows Original Photo. Not Original Photo + SP.
I tried making a new catalog, and just importing 2 photos and still the same issue.
The catalog I was working on yesterday was working fine with SP. I have gone back to that one, and SP don't work now.
(no updates were done between yesterday and today, either on Mac or LR). (I have also reset both the computer and LR)
This is LR 5.7 and on Yosemite.
still struggling with this since a while. maybe you have solved somehow, Seems that in Adobe no one can solve