3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2014 7:33 PM by ForMax

Premiere Elements 13 Video Transitions Windows Only Clarification Needed

A.T. Romano Level 7

In the Expert workspace of Premiere Elements 11, 12, and 13 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, there is a category of video transitions named Special Effects.

Each of these versions has the same 3 entries under the Special Effects category. They are only Image Mask, Texturize, and Three-D.

I do not work with Premiere Elements Mac at all. But, I know that there are video transitions that are missing in Premiere Elements Mac that can be found in Premiere

Elements Windows. In recent online articles from the same author, the list of the "missing" video transitions for Premiere Elements 11, 12, and 13 Mac (therefore assumed Windows Only) included

SPECIAL EFFECTS

Direct

Displace

Image Mask

Take

Texturize

Three-D

I do not find any video transitions named Direct, Displace, or Take in Premiere Elements 11, 12, and 13 Windows. Has anyone else?

For Premiere Elements 4, 7, 8.0/8.0.1, 9.0/9.0.1 and 10 Windows, the video transitions under the Special Effects do include Direct, Displace,

Image Mask, Take, Texturize, and Three-D. After 10 Windows, Image Mask, Texturize, and Three-D are the only Special Effect video transitions.

At this point, I believe the above information for Premiere Elements 11, 12, and 13 Mac missing transitions (therefore assumed Windows Only) to be in error. But, I just wanted to make sure.

Thank you for your insights for this Elements Windows user.

ATR

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 13 Video Transitions Windows Only Clarification Needed
          ForMax Level 1

Hello ATR.  On my Mac Premiere Elements 11 in Expert mode, Transitions gives me a drop-down menu having these twelve categories, each of which has choices within it:  3D Motion, Dissolve, Iris, NewBlue 3D Explosions Elements, NewBlue Transformations Elements, NewBlue Blends Elements, NewBlue Motion Blends Elements, Page Peel, Picture Wipes, Slide, Wipe, and Audio Transitions.

The menu header instructs users to drag & drop one of these transitions between clips.  When one drags one of these furnished transitions, a small dialog box appears, asking if the transition should be applied to the end of the preceding clip, between the clips, or at the beginning of the following clip.  Also, I tried dragging one of the transitions directly onto a clip and there appears a small arrow in the header of the clip in the Timeline showing that there is a transition present.  One can also drag one's own BMP file from a Finder window directly into the Timeline itself, and the file is instantly incorporated.

But I am still learning how to incorporate my own mask.

Thanks.

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 13 Video Transitions Windows Only Clarification Needed
            A.T. Romano Level 7

ForMax

Many thanks for helping to sort out the information on the video transitions differences between Premiere Elements 13 Windows and Mac.

There are all sorts of possibilities for creating your own video transitions. Maybe we will go into that in the near future.

Best wishes

ATR

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 13 Video Transitions Windows Only Clarification Needed
              ForMax Level 1

This was pleasant and educational for me.  Perhaps some good will follow.

Thanks.

ForMax