4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2017 9:46 PM by CoverBuilder

ICML Reverse Search? ICML file still checked-out: Is it possible to get to know in which INDD document this IMCL file is still checked-out? (InCopy / InDesign)

MathPoli

Hello,

I have a problem with an ICML file.

Situation:

I linked an ICML text file to a text frame in InDesign. This very ICML file is used in a great number of INDD docs. If the data changes, I only have to change the text of the ICML file (via the InCopy check-out / check-in functionality), then all instances of the ICML in other INDD files are updated automatically. Which is a really great thing!

Problem:

It seems that someone of our staff has checked-out the ICML file in order to change it and forgot to check-in again before saving the file. Then he closed the INDD. And unfortunately forgot in which INDD this happened. Bummer. Now it is not possible anymore to check-out this ICML file in other INDD docs again and change to ICML content!

Question:

Is it possible to get to know in which INDD document this very IMCL file is still checked-out? So, a sort of reverse search for ICML instances?

Please help!

Thank you!