1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 10, 2014 9:10 AM by A.Kubba

Premiere Pro CS6 Fails to Start when the "Adobe" Folder under Documents is saved on OneDrive

Steve Lee

I have a laptop running Windows 8.1 with Master Collection CS6 installed.

I have been syncing my "Documents" folder with OneDrive, and I have set all files to be available online-only to conserve disk space.

Yet, after setting the files to be available online-only, I failed to start Premiere Pro CS6, while all other applications of the MC remained okay.  After the splash screen finished loading, the main interface of Premiere would come up.  Yet instead of the typical grey background, I got a blank screen.  After around 5 seconds, Premiere Pro would automatically quit itself.  Windows Event Log reported an error with the module "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Premiere Pro\6.0\dvaui.dll".

After spending days on looking for a solution, I eventually found out after setting the "Adobe" folder under "Documents" to be available offline, Premiere Pro will open normally.

I am not sure if this should be considered a bug or a possible room for improvement, but I would like to at least report this here and provide the solution to whoever may face a similar situation in the future.