2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2014 11:45 AM by Conrad C

Saved workspaces don't fit monitors properly

ColbyFulton Level 1

Evertime I plug in to my 27" Thunderbolt display, the saved workspace layout of all my panels doesn't appear correctly. Instead of being positioned where I save them, they pop up in the middle of my main display. Why is it so hard for Photoshop to remember where the corner of my other monitor is? Is there no coordinate system for the displays? Or do you not test the f'n software properly?

• 1. Re: Saved workspaces don't fit monitors properly
          Level 5

First of all:

Remember, you are not addressing Adobe here in the user forums.  You are requesting help from volunteers users just like you who give their time free of charge. No one has any obligation to answer your questions.

Secondly,

BOILERPLATE TEXT extracted from the FAQ:

Do not be abusive or aggressive in your tone

An aggressive, demanding, accusatory or abusive sounding post will often evoke an aggressive or abusive and unhelpful reply.

Third:

The workspaces are saved just as you saved them.  Try re-setting an incorrectly placed workspace (probably due to your video card's quirks) by going to the Window menu > Workspace > Reset workspace.

Fourth:

Next time you request help, please supply sensible, complete details:

BOILERPLATE TEXT:

Note that this is boilerplate text.

If you give complete and detailed information about your setup and the issue at hand,

such as your platform (Mac or Win),

exact versions of your OS, of Photoshop (not just "CS6", but something like CS6v.13.0.6) and of Bridge,

your settings in Photoshop > Preference > Performance

the type of file you were working on,

machine specs, such as total installed RAM, scratch file HDs, total available HD space, video card specs, including total VRAM installed,

what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far,

what error message(s) you receive,

if having issues opening raw files also the exact camera make and model that generated them,

if you're having printing issues, indicate the exact make and model of your printer, paper size, image dimensions in pixels (so many pixels wide by so many pixels high). if going through a RIP, specify that too.

etc.,

someone may be able to help you (not necessarily this poster, who is not a Windows user).

a screen shot of your settings or of the image could be very helpful too.

Please read this FAQ for advice on how to ask your questions correctly for quicker and better answers:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419981?tstart=0

Thanks!

• 2. Re: Saved workspaces don't fit monitors properly
            Conrad C Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you're using 10.9 Mavericks or 10.10 Yosemite, go into System Preferences, click Mission Control, and look at the setting Displays Have Separate Spaces. If it's on, turn it off. If you turn it off does it help?