Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Style's formatting is not applied

Dec 10, 2014 Dec 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I apply a style to text that I've copied and pasted from Word into a Robohelp topic, the style's formatting is not being applied. The dropdowns for the font style and size associated with the selected style remain blank, and the text's formatting does not change. So for example, I am selecting text in the topic that is arial 10 and apply a bodytext style that is defined to have Calibri 11, but it doesn't work.

This has started happening recently and has practically made the application unusable. Any ideas for why this is happening and how I can fix it? On an unrelated note, we did have an issue with corruption, where I was getting a root.fpj error, so I upgraded from RH 9 to RH 11, created a whole new project, and imported the TOC and topics from the corrupted project. I haven't gotten the root.fpj error again since doing that (a week ago) but the style issue is still occurring after the upgrade and new project creation.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2014 Dec 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing that what you have pasted in has carried some inline formatting and that will override anything in the style sheet, that's how CSS works.

Try copying the text to a text editor first and losing the formatting, then paste that in. My guess is the Rh styles will take.

I don't understand why the dropdown is blank but test the above first.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2014 Dec 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can confirm that sometimes the inline styles pasted from Word cause the style list to be blank. It doesn't always happen, though.

I definitely recommend pasting via a text editor to make sure strange formatting isn't brought across from Word.

Amber

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp