7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2014 5:50 PM by A.T. Romano

Failure to get past welcome screen on Premiere Elements 13

Jimmy RG

I recently purchased premiere elements 13 and photoshop 13 (disc version).  Sucessfully installed photoshop, hovwever I cannot get pass the welcome screen on premiere elements.  Each time I double click the icon and I am asked to sign in to Adobe to activate my softwate.  After signing in and accepting the license agreement, premiere elements fails to start. I have unintalled and reinstalled the software seven or eight times with the same results  I am at my wits end on how to get the software to respond. I am using Windows 7 OS, 64 bit, 8.0 GB memory, 2.67 GHz.  Can anyone hep?  I also have photoshop elements 10  and premiere 10 installed.  Do I need to unstall these previous versions?  Thanks,  Jimmy

• 1. Re: Failure to get past welcome screen on Premiere Elements 13
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jimmy

You should not have to uninstall Photoshop Elements 10 and Premiere Elements 10 in order to install and use Photoshop Elements 13 and Premiere Elements 13 on your Windows 7 64 bit computer. Just use one program at a time.

Please review the solutions for Premiere Elements 12 that might work for 13 as well

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2014/04/pe12-sign-in-failure-connect-to.html

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Premiere Elements 12 Editor Will Not Open

Please let us know the outcome. Based on your results, we will decide what next if necessary.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Failure to get past welcome screen on Premiere Elements 13
            Jimmy RG Level 1

Thanks for your suggestions.

I followed the solutions suggested below in the links and still have not

resolved the issue.  I checked the host file for any entries below the #

::1    localhost line  and found none. I also tried renaming the SLStore and

SLCached folders as suggested with no resolution.  Any other thoughts?

Thanks again,

Jimmy Goodwin

• 3. Re: Failure to get past welcome screen on Premiere Elements 13
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Jimmy Goodwin

Thanks for the reply. Sorry that the problem is not yet resolved.

I know that you said that you have done several uninstalls reinstalls of the program already. So...

1. Go to

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 13

and in the Adobe Premiere Elements 13 Folder find the file named Adobe Premiere Elements.exe.

First, right click it and select and apply Run As Administrator to it.

Then, double click this file and observe if it now opens to the editing workspace, bypassing the Welcome Screen.

2. Have you assured that the issue remains with and without the antivirus and firewalls disabled.

3. Confirm that you are using a mouse and not a pen and tablet device.

Please review and explore the above and let us see if any of it gets at the cause of the issue.

Thanks for the follow ups. Appreciated.

ATR

Add On...If none of the above works, I am weighing the merits of creating a new User Account with Administrative

Privileges and installing and trying to run the program from there.

• 4. Re: Failure to get past welcome screen on Premiere Elements 13
                Jimmy RG Level 1

AT,

Still no luck.

I have installed with and without the firewall and antivirus disabled.  I am

using a mouse on my desktop PC (not a pen and tablet device).

As an adder (don't know if it makes any difference or not), when I go to

Local Disk C/ Program Files/Adobe/.  I don't have a folder labeled "Adobe

Premiere Elements".  Instead, it is labeled as "Adobe Premiere Elements 13".

Within that folder I am able to find "Adobe Premiere Elements 13.exe" and

"Adobe Premiere Elements.exe".

I ran both as Administrator with the same results for both, i.e. no

response.

Thanks again,

Jimmy Goodwin

• 5. Re: Failure to get past welcome screen on Premiere Elements 13
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Jimmy Goodwin

Thanks for the reply and looking at the troubleshooting suggestion. Just a minor note...you mentioned

As an adder (don't know if it makes any difference or not), when I go to

Local Disk C/ Program Files/Adobe/.  I don't have a folder labeled "Adobe

Premiere Elements".  Instead, it is labeled as "Adobe Premiere Elements 13".

Within that folder I am able to find "Adobe Premiere Elements 13.exe" and

"Adobe Premiere Elements.exe".

That would be in accord with what I wrote in the prior post in your thread

1. Go to

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 13

and in the Adobe Premiere Elements 13 Folder find the file named Adobe Premiere Elements.exe.

First, right click it and select and apply Run As Administrator to it.

Then, double click this file and observe if it now opens to the editing workspace, bypassing the Welcome Screen.

Have you had time to create a new User Account with Administrative Privileges and install and run Premiere Elements 13 from there?

Have you been checking the Computer/Manage/Event Viewer and its Windows Logs and the Windows Logs Application for date specific error or warning

messages which would relate to this Premiere Elements issue?

Did you purchase Premiere Elements 13 from Adobe direct as a download and are you within 30 days of purchase?

Thanks for the follow ups. Appreciated.

ATR

• 6. Re: Failure to get past welcome screen on Premiere Elements 13
                    Jimmy RG Level 1

ATR,

Success at last. 

I created a new user account with administrative privileges as you suggested

and installed from the new account

This did the trick.  All systems seem to be working normally. Haven't had a

chance to check out all the features of the new version.

Thanks for you patience and much appreciated assistance.

Best regards,

Jimmy Goodwin

• 7. Re: Failure to get past welcome screen on Premiere Elements 13
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Jimmy Goodwin

Great, great news.

I am not sure what happens to the original User Account in these situations, but, often as a last resort, creating a new User Account with Administrative Privileges and installing and running the program from there has been the solution. Great job.

Very pleased with your progress, follow up, and staying with the troubleshooting. Appreciated.

Best wishes.

ATR