4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2014 11:40 AM by bogiesan

Stalled RAM preview, nothing helps!

zhaobsh22

So when I try to preview my composition it stalls, freezes, and it isn't in real time. The music also isn't synced up and it doesn't play the whole thing, only small portion. It only happens with this one file, because when I preview others, they work fine. Please help!

• 1. Re: Stalled RAM preview, nothing helps!
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If we had some idea, even any little idea what  was in this composition or what you were trying to do, or what is different about this project, or what kind of footage you were using, or anything about your computer, the version of AE or the plug-ins you are using we might have some idea of what is going wrong. You might as well have asked "Why is watermelon? As difficult as your problem is your question is impossible to answer.

• 2. Re: Stalled RAM preview, nothing helps!
            zhaobsh22 Level 1

Thank you for your comment but I found the answer elsewhere without any extra information. It was actually a very simple solution regarding the resolution that I simply had not considered which applies to all versions and kinds of footage. The question obviously isn't impossible to answer. No point in commenting if you can't provide any helpful suggestions. Thanks anyway though.

• 3. Re: Stalled RAM preview, nothing helps!
              Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

He was providing helpful suggestions for what sort of information we might need to answer your question. My only guess based on the info in your post was that you weren't pressing 0 to start an actual RAM preview, but were pressing the spacebar and mistakenly calling it a RAM preview (we get questions about that all the time here).

For the benefit of people with the same issue who are searching the forums for answers to their problems, what was your solution?

• 4. Re: Stalled RAM preview, nothing helps!
                bogiesan Level 4

zhaobsh22 wrote:

Thank you for your comment but I found the answer elsewhere without any extra information. It was actually a very simple solution regarding the resolution that I simply had not considered which applies to all versions and kinds of footage. The question obviously isn't impossible to answer. No point in commenting if you can't provide any helpful suggestions. Thanks anyway though.

It would be great if you'd post the link to the answer you used. That way your question does not remain forever unanswered and therefore useless to the future searchers.