3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2014 1:27 AM by c.pfaffenbichler

Ps folder sequence

toshablackburn

When adding multiple folders with layers, when using freq separation does it matter the order you place this in or any layers/folders for that matter, in regards to how it will work with your image (visibility-wise) or do I need to turn off folders?

• 1. Re: Ps folder sequence
          c.pfaffenbichler Level 9

Care to elaborate what you are talking about?

Also: Groups are called "Groups" in Photoshop, not "Folders".

• 2. Re: Ps folder sequence
            toshablackburn Level 1

For example I have numerous examples groups for my workflow, with the correct layers & information for freq sep, however it doesn't show unless it's the only item that's visible... (As in show any work produced on the image being worked on...) basically I am asking how does ps see groups & does the order of layers matter when placed in groups? I have the following groups in this order: cleaning includes healing and cloning, then I have contouring group which includes dodge & burn, then I have freq sep group with you guessed it! Freq separation, then it's toning and color adjustments group with a curves layer and selective coloring layers....make sense?

• 3. Re: Ps folder sequence
              c.pfaffenbichler Level 9
              does the order of layers matter when placed in groups?

I’m afraid I may not understand what you mean exactly because the answer to that question seems so obvious (if a Layer is situated atop another Layer it can cover the other Layer for example so obviously the order matters) you probably mean something else.

Maybe some screenshots could help clarify.