4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2014 5:21 AM by A.T. Romano

Adobe support is impossible

Nookie

Spent 2 hours on a chat.

Was escalated to 2nd line:

Case #0186123898

This was a month ago.

I chased them about 6 times in the case.

Then status is updated to "withdrawn" without Adobe response.

Now apparently the only way I can get in contact is to come to a FORUM?

• 1. Re: Adobe support is impossible
          hans-g. Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hello nookie,

we here are users like you and me, but adobe employes check the posts too. So I'll try to interest one of Adobe's competent employee to help you. On the other hand you could use search function to find staff members.

...  AND ask your question, if you want help.

Hans-Günter

• 2. Re: Adobe support is impossible
            Nookie Level 1

Thanks Hans.

I wouldnt have posted on here unless i was forced to. I want someone to look at the ticket i opened. Apparently the only way to contact Adobe via their support screens is through the Forums. So i have to hope someone picks this up.

For background:

The error I am getting is constantly I get "no disk" errors. Ive tried everything possible from forum/google research (re-installed a few times. Initial install was via Amazon purchase, subsequent installs via adobe Trial downloads. Even the 1st line support tried to install via his own methods).

Having to click "OK" when about 200 of these pops come is highly frustrating. Even more frustrating is that I have to wait 1.5 months for Adobe to do anything about it.

• 3. Re: Adobe support is impossible
              hans-g. Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hello nookie,

what concerns Amazon, I hope that I have understood you correctly and so I'll start with this:

It is not a serial number you will get from these firms like Amazon, it's only a code with which you can request a serial number from Adobe. Please have a look at http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/find-serial-number.html. (Start here: How did you purchase your product?)

The following part, so I just see at least, ceased to exist on my Adobe website, everything takes place in the link from above. I leave it as an info yet, it might still fit for you. For this purpose, please click your way through to your Adobe Store and find the button "Get Serial Number". Fill in the form and after a while you will get the real serial number.

AND you should have a look at Adobe's database, to see what's stored/saved about your accounts.

Here you will find general infos about your Adobe Account: https://www.adobe.com/account.html in conjunction with http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/find-serial-number.html

Hans-Günter

• 4. Re: Adobe support is impossible
                A.T. Romano Level 7

nookie

You wrote

The error I am getting is constantly I get "no disk" errors.

I am not seeing where this has anything to do with serial numbers and/or redemption codes.

The no disc error problem has been reported in many recent threads here and appears to be independent of whether or not you purchased the software from Amazon.

No one fix has been put forth. Some have claimed that restarting the computer worked for them.

If that does not work, then I would explore

uninstall the program the usual Control Panel route

do a ccleaner run through to get rid of any leftovers from incomplete uninstalls reinstalls

CCleaner - Download

reinstall the program with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

If you want to get back to Adobe about that case number, please try the following approach by clicking on

http://helpx.adobe.com/sea/contact.html?step=PRE_adobe-id-signing-in_stillNeedHelp

Premiere Elements

Adobe ID, Signing In

Adobe ID, Sign In, Account Help

Chat Panel

If the link does not hold its set, then you will need to navigate to the Chat Panel using the above titles as guides.

This route does have an active Chat Panel. It is the plan that this Chat representative will answer your question

or transfer you to the department that can. Other routes to Chat are typically ending in Ask the Community.

Please let us know if any of the above works for you.

Thank you.

ATR