3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2014 7:41 AM by A.T. Romano

trying to make a video % opaque over a second video

Sminty

trying to make a video on track 2 50% opaque and play over track 1, but when i select the clip and put it to e.g. 50% opaque, and then click play, the opacity percentage gradually goes up, and i dont understand why... i want the whole track video to be X% opaque...

• 1. Re: trying to make a video % opaque over a second video
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Sminty

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

Please check to make sure that keyframing of the Opacity is not taking place.

With information about your Premiere Elements version, I can give you specific details on finding the Opacity Panel expanded

in Properties or Applied Effects Palette to check the status of the Toggle Animation button.

ATR

• 2. Re: trying to make a video % opaque over a second video
            Sminty Level 1

Premiere elements 11 on windows 128 bit

• 3. Re: trying to make a video % opaque over a second video
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Sminty

Sure you do not have Window 7 32 or 64 bit?

1. Start out with your clip imported to Premiere Elements 11 Expert workspace Video Track 1 and selected/highlighted.

2. Go to Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/Opacity Panel expanded

Make sure the Toggle Animation Button is not highlighted

Move the Opacity slider to the Opacity % that you want

3. Be careful that you do not accidentally move the orange line running through the video up (up or down). That will adjust

the Opacity which is the default for a video clip orange line (line called rubberband)

Opacity.jpg

Please review and consider and then let us know if the above is the information that you seek.

Thank you.

ATR