A free tutorial? Do you mean all free tutorials or a particular tutorial?
Supply pertinent information for quicker answers
The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:
- Adobe product and version number
- Operating system and version number
- The full text of any error message(s)
- What you were doing when the problem occurred
- Screenshots of the problem
- Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM; etc.
Kensington Place wrote:
Thank you, JJMack. All of the free tutorials under the CC license for Photoshop.
Forgive me if you can where are these tutorials under the CC license for Photoshop. Can you provide a screen capture showing where your at. Are you in Photoshop help the welcome panel or else where?
Thank you. Here is more specific information. The tutorials in the Welcome window do work.
The tutorials used to load and work for the Photoshop Online Help,
However, now they are not downloading. Sometimes you say “downloading” but then hang. Attached is the screen shot of the general window for the tutorials, and then for the error pop-up received.
Hyspan Precision Products, Inc.
I believe I have read others having your problem. I forget which OS and version. Photoshop seems to use some internal web browser for that feature. I did not have a problem. However after yesterdays update to CC 2014 I can not even open the welcome screen. I get a pop-up when I use menu Help>Welcome
In the update the is a new preference Do not show Welcome screen. I can not find that preference it may have something to do with the problem.
I also found this link you may want to look at Troubleshoot Welcome Screen
If you can find Adobe's Welcome Screen URL you may want to try the tutorials from you default browser. I can not fine its URL???
Photoshop 2014.2.2 Update (12/10/2014)
12/10/2014 – Today we released Photoshop CC 2014 update version 2014.2.2 (Mac and Windows), resolving the following issues:
- Move Tool – Toggle auto select shortcut changed
- Tool Tips in the Libraries panel not displaying
- Dragging assets into Libraries panel too quickly doesn’t capture asset
- Issue rendering some SVGs
- Extract Assets: PNG8 file size is too large
- Recent file list causing large delays loading Welcome Screen
- Extract Assets: Files are not scaled correctly (nested smart objects)
- Image Size dialog changes aspect ratio unexpectedly
- Adaptive Wide Angle: Crash with the panorama image taken with Go Pro
- Added “Do not show welcome screen” checkbox to Photoshop prefs
- Extract Assets: Fix asset naming issue in localized versions
- Crash creating New Doc creation if the Welcome Screen extension isn’t available
- Keyboard shortcuts stop working if update missing fonts is cancelled
- Format dropdown can’t be open on some monitor/setups (Mac)
- Web Presets for New>Document have varying/wrong resolution
- Image Size: Pixels option disabled after selecting Resample and canceling out
- Script issues after calling merge() on a layer
- New document based on open document does not work
- 3D: Materials edit fields fail with the second digit, presets show a question mark
- 3D: Fix for some rendering issues
- Contact sheet font size problem
- Scripting not working for font size, leading, or baselineShift
- Fix performance issues with Libraries Panel active
- Library text style captured in pixels sets incorrect font size
- Save operations in history could cause problems for actions recorded prior to 2014.2.0 that select previous history states
- Brush Presets panel dropping Pressure preview on Computed Brushes
- Flame Tree and Picture Frame Scripted filters disabled without clear information
- Background Eraser Tool doesn’t work in angular motion in Photoshop
- Using Import Images from Device second time gets blank window
- File path is displayed in the recent files menu
- Applescript to duplicate a layer from one document to another in specific location no longer works
I have now re-installed CC 2014 on top of itself. I have a new minor problem with the application manager failing to close. However after terminating it opening opening CC 2014 using menu Help>Updates the Application manager updated CC 2014 to CC 2014.2.2 and fialed to terminate. However I can terminate it. Now I get the new preference Do not show the Welcome screen and I can once again open the Welcome Screen. Photoshop's internal browser CEPHtmlEngine.exe seams to be what displays the Welcome Screen and the video tutorials. They work on my PC Windows & Pro wit updates and CC 2014.2.2.
Make sure your display adapter driver is up to date. The tutorials seem to be web based. I do not know what video format of if a browser plugin is used. There seems to ve some video player involved. The HTML Engine does not have a URL address bar and there is no right click support. So I can not tell where the URL is the vied setting does not show what the viewer is and the feedback button does nothing.