6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2014 6:49 AM by A.T. Romano

Saving videos for Power Point

PanosGR Level 1

hi all

I'm asking your help because I want to save a project with many videos .mts avchd 1980x1020 and insert the saved video into power point. I tried wmv but the result-quality was not good. I tried Avi but I had the same result with bigger file. Avchd needs hours to export the video. The only format that keeps the videos in very good quality is f4v but it doesn't playing in power point!

Any help to save this project in good quality but in less hours-MB?

Any help will be appreciate

• 1. Re: Saving videos for Power Point
          A.T. Romano Level 7

PanosGR

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

The Windows Media export would seem to be ideal with its smaller file size and usually good quality. What are

the export settings details for that Windows Media export that did not give good results for your

AVCHD.mts 1920 x 1080 source? What was the frame rate of the source AVCHD.mts and was it interlaced or progressive?

With the other formats, we could also explore customization of the preset under the preset's Advanced Button/Video Tab. But

for now, let us see what we can do with the Windows Media export.

Looking forward to your follow up details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Saving videos for Power Point
            PanosGR Level 1

Romano Thanks for the quick reply!

that's a lot of details that I can't give you now as I am away from my work-office that I use Pr E. As soon as I get back to my work I'll give you all the details.

Panos

• 3. Re: Saving videos for Power Point
              PanosGR Level 1

Good morning Romano and others members

I'm using the version 12 of Premiere Elements in Windows 7 service pack 1

And sorry my mistake to previous post , my avchd videos are 1920x1080

here is the export settings about wmv

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

and here is the properties of videos, as you see the frame rate is 25

Capture3.PNG

I can't find the interlaced or progressive properties, my cam is a sony hdr-xr550. Can you help with that too?

• 4. Re: Saving videos for Power Point
                A.T. Romano Level 7

PanosGR

Your Windows Media export settings appear to be incorrect for best possible result.

1. For now assuming that you are recording 1080i25 (1920 x 1080 @ 25 interlaced frames per second, and your project preset is the program's

default PAL AVCHD Full HD1080i25.

2. When you get to export

Publish+Share

Computer

Windows Media

with Presets = 720 x 576 16x9 25

We need to customize that preset to be 1920 x 1080 @ 25 progressive frames per second

Click on the Advanced Button of the preset and then the Video Tab under the Advanced Button.

You want to customize the Export Settings under the Video Tab as shown in the following

screenshot.

WindowsMediaExport.JPG

To the right of the Frame Width and Frame Height fields is a box. If it has a chain link in it, click on the

inside of the box to remove it so that you can type in 1920 and 1080 as shown in the screenshot.

The Bitrate is set by me at 3500 Kbps (kilobits per second). Depending on the initial results

we can decide whether to increase, decrease, or leave the Bitrate value at 3500 Kbps.

The HD .wmv  file produced did import nicely in Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 via that program's Insert Video.

We will be watching for your results.

ATR

• 5. Re: Saving videos for Power Point
                  PanosGR Level 1

Romano you are the Best!!

Everything works fine

Resolution > Super

Power Point > supports this video

Save as time : 1 hour

Thank you again!

• 6. Re: Saving videos for Power Point
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

PanosGR

Your follow up is much appreciated by all. Glad the suggested workflow worked for you. You did a great

job in follow through to get to your success.

Best wishes as you move forward with your Premiere Elements and PowerPoint projects.

ATR